YouTube Popout Button [mashup]

Provides a button to pop out the YouTube video in a separate window.

< Feedback on YouTube Popout Button [mashup]

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022-03-16

Working great for me on chromium. Also works fine with sponsorblock extension, which also adds its own buttons in that same bottom right area. I thought it would interfere with placement, but nope, it works perfect.

This popout idea is better than using PIP (Picture-in-picture) extensions because the popout can be resized anyway you want, and you can also see the subtitles properly, and then you can also use your desktop's "always-on-top" and "show-on-all-workspaces" features on the window and make it behave like PIP does. Also you can see the seekbar and scroll around, and you cant do that with PIP. I have some other extensions that control playback speed and show a floating controller on the video, and those don't work with PIP, but work perfectly on the popout userscript here. Basically, all the YouTube features and UI are available in the popout (play/pause, volume control, chapter selection, seekbar, video quality, closed captions, sponsorblock stuff, casting button, fullscreen button, watch later button, my other script stuff like playback speed buttons). It's great!!

Good job on the userscript!!

joeytwiddleAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-03-17

Thanks for the positive review!

I would be interested in a script or extension which adds easy to click PLAYBACK SPEED buttons. Can you recommend one?

Currently I am pressing Shift-> and Shift-< to change speed, but buttons could be convenient too.

§
Posted: 2022-07-09

Thanks for the positive review!

I would be interested in a script or extension which adds easy to click PLAYBACK SPEED buttons. Can you recommend one?

Currently I am pressing Shift-> and Shift-< to change speed, but buttons could be convenient too.

I use a chrome extension called 'Youtube Playback Speed Control' by shrestha.pujan from the chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-playback-speed-co/hdannnflhlmdablckfkjpleikpphncik/ . It adds very small buttons to increase/decrease playback speed beyond what YouTube offers (more than 2x) and you can specify how much it steps to the next speed as well. It works specifically with your script! It also works with custom keyboard shortcuts (i use keyboard a key and z key with my left hand), shift+mousewheel shortcut (i dont use this, dont think it works, not sure). You can also customize where you want the speed buttons. Its great for skimming lecture videos, then slowing down parts for extra focus. Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't get notified of a reply!

Sign in to post a reply.