YT: not interested in one click

Hover a thumbnail on youtube.com and click an icon at the right: "Not interested" and "Don't recommend channel"

< Feedback on YT: not interested in one click

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2023-04-06

Doing some tests and confirmed an issue that in the home page of YouTube, if you set the rule youtube.com##ytd-video-preview in uBlock Origin extension and keep Inline playback enabling in the "Playback and performance" of settings of YouTube, this script (version 1.1.7) will be broken. However, it still works correctly in other pages except home page.

Version 1.1.6 won't cause above issue so I rolled it back temporarily.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

I tried this exact scenario, but the script still works for me.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Ah, I see it now after enabling the inline playback in prefs. Gonna investigate, thanks.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Should be fixed now in 1.1.8.

§

Still broken for me, even with uBlock disabled.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Well, it probably means there's something else interfering. I can't fix it unless you debug it in devtools.

§
Posted: 2023-04-07

I went on a virgin Firefox Profile (no alterations, no addon (except for Tampermonkey BRIEFLY installed to test the script), no nothing). And yet it shows NOTHING. So yeah, interference is a discarded option.

§

Before you wonder, no, Greasymonkey is no good either on a virgin profile, just tested to double check.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Hey, now we're getting somewhere. Indeed it doesn't work with Greasemonkey. I'll investigate.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Should be fixed in 1.1.9

§
Edited: 2023-04-07

Still nothing. Used Page Inspect to see if the buttons were being hidden by something, and nothing. Didn't test on a virgin profile yet for the new version.

Just to check: did you also test on a virgin profile?

EDIT: just tested on a virgin profile with Tampermonkey.... No luck.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Maybe you're not signed in? I can't guess what's wrong. Try setting a breakpoint inside the script's code and then hover a thumbnail, see what happens.

§
Posted: 2023-04-09
Edited: 2023-04-09

I'm getting the feeling it's not getting initiated OR is ending earlier...
Could you add some console log messages in it to help scan where and if it's snagging?

§
Posted: 2023-04-13

here's a thing. youtube vanced also stopped working for me. and also only for the main channel. some say that google is soft-banning accounts for using microG. is it related to anyone here?

§
Posted: 2023-04-14

Managed to set breakpoints (and console log messages) and... The script is loading, so what gives? I'm starting to suspect the script loads and applies style, but before Youtube applies/reapplies style.

§
Posted: 2023-04-15
Edited: 2023-04-15

Doing some tests and confirmed an issue that in the home page of YouTube, if you set the rule youtube.com##ytd-video-preview in uBlock Origin extension and keep Inline playback enabling in the "Playback and performance" of settings of YouTube, this script (version 1.1.7) will be broken. However, it still works correctly in other pages except home page.

Version 1.1.6 won't cause above issue so I rolled it back temporarily.

i still can't get this to work, even on latest 1.1.10 version :(

"Inline playback" has never been ON before when it worked previously in older versions, i enabled it as per your comment but still no dice so that's not it.
uBlock Origin is completely disabled on Youtube so that's not it either.

I just don't get it ??

Sign in to post a reply.