YouTube ProgressBar Preserver

It preserves YouTube's progress bar always visible even if the controls are hidden.

< Feedback on YouTube ProgressBar Preserver

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-05-21
Edited: 2022-05-21

The bar fails to appear sometimes. I open a bunch of videos in new tabs and none of them have the progressbar in the bottom.

Also, it would be nice if the bar is added below the player instead of covering the bottom few pixels. For that purpose I changed line 94 to `elements.player.parentNode.appendChild(bar);`, then I used some more css to make it look good on the other script I use that makes the video player follow you as you scroll down to the comments (always visible player).

In short,
Please fix the issue with the bar not being added, and make it possible for the bar to be moved below the player. Thankyou.

q1k
§
Posted: 2022-05-23

I also noticed that it doesn't work well on livestreams

§
Posted: 2022-08-04

The bar fails to appear sometimes. I open a bunch of videos in new tabs and none of them have the progressbar in the bottom.

Also, it would be nice if the bar is added below the player instead of covering the bottom few pixels. For that purpose I changed line 94 to `elements.player.parentNode.appendChild(bar);`, then I used some more css to make it look good on the other script I use that makes the video player follow you as you scroll down to the comments (always visible player).

In short,
Please fix the issue with the bar not being added, and make it possible for the bar to be moved below the player. Thankyou.

Do you mind providing a snippet of code you're using using nowadays?
I would love to have the bar right below the video, but editing line 94 makes the progress bar disappear.

§
Posted: 2022-08-06
§
Posted: 2022-08-14
Edited: 2022-08-14

@q1k
Oh wow, nice find!
That is freaking awesome.

Sign in to post a reply.