Reddit expand media and comments

Shows pictures and some videos right after the link, loads and expands comment threads.

< Feedback on Reddit expand media and comments

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2021-08-31

It works as intended but if you open your browser task manager, you'll notice the huge impact that this script has on the memory. It seems like even if you're done with a post and move on to another one, it keeps the expanded comments from the previous one in memory. If it could free memory when no longer used that'd be great !

wOxxOmAuthor
§

I've verified that's a problem of the reddit's "modern" UI. Even without this script it has always been consuming a lot of CPU and memory so if you care about those, switch to the old "old" reddit UI, which will consume 2-10 times less of computer resources.

§

The old "old" reddit UI, which will consume 2-10 times less of computer resources.

:
Thanks for the confirmation!
Sadly, It's one of the reason i don't use it too much:
Nobody say that to the Reddit team?

It's seems many sites go to same way....

wOxxOmAuthor
§

I've updated the script with a tentative fix, but I'm not sure it'll make a noticeable difference because this ineffectiveness seems to be inherent to the new reddit UI...

§
Edited: 2021-08-31

I've updated the script with a tentative fix, but I'm not sure it'll make a noticeable difference because this ineffectiveness seems to be inherent to the new reddit UI...

Thanks for your answers, I've tested it again and it seems slightly better. To be honest it's only a issue if you're also running other applications that are ram hungry.

Edit: Im quite new to this website (and user scripts in general lol) is there a way I could change my rating from "OK" to "Good" since the issue isn't technically coming from you ?

Sign in to post a reply.