Fixed version from the fork at https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/376666-wanikani-external-definition
May be used with https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/452349-wanikani-always-show-item-info (although showing on vocab readings aren't relevant).
- Fix Kanji and vocabulary definition not showing on Info and Extra Study pages
- Also show definitions for Radicals, as well as image-to-character fix
- Now tried with Review, Lesson, and Extra Study pages.
- Spoil readings for meaning quizzes
- Dictionary results are moved to the top
- 々 is converted to real character repeats.
- Weblio now includes up to 3 results.
- Each Weblio result is trimmed to 1000 HTML characters.
- Weblio's results of non-WaniKani readings, and Kanji, are deprioritized. Suffixes and する verbs are also prioritized. (Moved down, or possibly trimmed.)
- If a Kanji isn't found in Kanjipedia, don't throw errors (e.g. 々)
- If a Kanji isn't found in Kanjipedia, second searching at Weblio.
- Add basic 異体字 support from Kanjipedia.
- For example, 寿 (Kanjipedia), 情 (Kanjipedia)
- Some obvious ones don't have forms enlisted, e.g. 噌 (Kanjipedia)
- Kanji readings with Okurigana are styled, rather than dotted, so that they can be picked up by Yomichan.
- Backing up search results in browser (IndexedDB) for offline. (Online scraping only for new entries, and previously not found.)