Amazon Video - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Amazon Video

< Feedback on Amazon Video - subtitle downloader

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-10-08

This is a great tool that'd be very helpful for my work, however I've run into a pretty major bug. When I attempt to download anything, I end up with the completely wrong title and subtitle file. I tried to download Judy, it gave me Under the Tuscan Sun. Tried to download O Brother Where Art Thou, it gave me Wild Hogs, etc. Am I missing something?
Thank you.

§

Send some example URL that doesn't work. And while on the movie page - right click on "Download subs for this movie" and select "Inspect element". It should highlight a line like <p class="download" data-id="{some id here}">Download subs for this movie</p>. What's the data-id there?

§

Thank you for the reply. Attaching a screenshot of what I see when right clicking "Download subs..." I'm not particularly tech savvy, so please bear with my lack of understanding the nuances of this stuff.

§

And the URL? Also, right click on the page > "save page as/save as", select "web page, html only" type. And then send me that file in a private message (click on my nickname, then "send message").

§

I ran the code of my UserScript on the page you sent me and it works fine, it creates a button with data-id="B07YCNV79J", which is the proper ID for Judy. You either have some older version of the script (the newest one is 1.8.0) or some extension that messes up my script.

§

Okay, the script was working perfectly fine on the HTML file you sent me. But someone sent me the HTML file of a page that didn't work. Should be fixed in 1.8.1. In case you get "Couldn't find movie ID" error - send me the actual bad HTML file.

§
Posted: 2020-10-10

Whatever you did worked, I just attempted to download Judy and got the actual Judy SRT file.
Thank you so much for indulging the complaint of a stranger, updating my review now. I work in closed captioning and often have to do movies or shows that have existing files from scratch, this will be a game changer for me.

Sign in to post a reply.