Amazon Video - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Amazon Video

< Feedback on Amazon Video - subtitle downloader

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2019-05-30

.SRT file only downloads text within [ ]

Hi,

I am using the script to download subtitles from a japanese movie (Battle of Demons). When I execute the download I get the .srt file. But when I open the file, all I receive are texts involving CC for hearing impaired (visible text is enclosed within [ ]; i.e. [Birds chirping]) There are no timed voice texts. I'm using Good Chrome and Tampermonkey for the script to work. Am I using this script wrong or is the script not capturing the subtitles? So confused. Any help would be appreciated. I can't attach an image so it shows what I'm referring to. Sorry.

Margie

§

The script tries to download all available subs. So normal subtitles are probably hardcoded, closed captions not. Can you turn the subtitles off completely while watching?

§

Hi Tithen-Firion,

Yes I can still see the subtitles when I turn off the CC section in Amazon. So I guess I can't download any subtitles since they are hardcoded?

Thanks for your response. I really like your script!

§

Yup. If subs are hardcoded - they are in the video. You'd have to download the video somehow (I have no idea how to do it on Amazon) and then use some OCR program to get the subs. If you want to dig into it I believe googling "ocr hardcoded subs" is a good start.

§

Ok . Thanks for your input. I will try to see if I can download the video somehow. I will look into the OCR hardcoded subs. Appreciate the feedback!

Sign in to post a reply.