Amazon Video - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Amazon Video

< Feedback on Amazon Video - subtitle downloader

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022-03-09

The script always worked fine for me (and many thanks for it :)), but today it started slowing down amazon product pages (not the amazon main page) so that the message "This page is slowing down Firefox" appears after a while. Disabling the script in tampermonkey immediately solves the problem, re-enabling brings back the slow down. Upgrading to the latest esr 91.7 didn't solve it.
I guess sth. has changed on amazon pages that somehow confuses the script. When the pages are slowed down, they hang a either connecting to "m.media-amazon.com" or when downloading images from images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com (or similar).

Is there a way I can provide useful debugging information that might help?

cu,
Frank

§

Just checked FF 98 and it's the same problem, so not esr specific. chrome works fine.

§

Try Greasemonkey or Violentmonkey instead of Tampermonkey.

§

It does works fine without any slowdowns in Greasemonkey ideed! Many thanks for that quick help :)

§
Posted: 2022-03-12

so are we waiting for a tampermonkey update ?
Got the problem also.

§

Yeah. Go to their GitHub and open a new issue. And then wait until they fix whatever they broke. Or just switch to Greasemonkey (Firefox only) or Violentmonkey.

§
Edited: 2022-03-12

Yeah. Go to their GitHub and open a new issue. And then wait until they fix whatever they broke. Or just switch to Greasemonkey (Firefox only) or Violentmonkey.

Thanks a lot.
Had greasemonkey way back when userscripts.org was alive...
Dont want to go back again.

Sign in to post a reply.