This browser extension modifies YouTube's player to fill the entire browser viewport when in theater mode, plus a few other enhancements.
- Hides the top bar and surrounding empty space to maximize the player size.
- Shows the top bar whenever the page isn't scrolled all the way to the top. The top bar can also be toggled with the escape key, which would also cause the search box to automatically receive focus.
- Expands the video description.
- Pauses any YouTube videos playing in background tabs whenever a video starts playing (embedded videos are not supported at this time).
- Hides the thin red progress bar at the top of the page.
- Automatically gives the player keyboard focus when the page is scrolled to the top, to allow for keyboard controls.
- Adds the keyboard shortcuts ctrl-left and ctrl-right for 'previous video' and 'next video' respectively.
- Substitutes the default scrollbar with a darker, thinner and less obtrusive one (WebKit browsers only)
There are no customization options at this time, but some may be added in the future.
Issues should be reported at the GitHub repository.