Google Images direct link

NOTE: Since July 2016 this script is unmaintained. It is here just for historical purposes and to let other people fork it. Adds direct links to images and pages in google image search

< Feedback on Google Images direct link

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-08-14

Goggle messed up

Since google completely ruined search by image, could you update your wonderful script to work with search engines that actually work?

Such as:
- Yandex
- Bing
- TinEye
etc...

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-08-14

I've never used them, google images is still good for my needs.

The real problem is that such kind of script is not like a normal program, but rather a dirty hack on the page. You cannot easily migrate it from one website to another, the script must be almost completely rewritten (and actually I did it at every major google update).

But if you can tell me some good reasons to use the others you suggested, in the future I may work on other versions. Which one do you prefer? What does it offer more than google?
I don't want to support a script of a website I don't use because it is very hard to keep it updated, but I'm open to move to another search engine if there is a good reason.

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-08-28

Yes, it is well explained the problem. Which one is the best alternative you suggest?

§
Posted: 2015-09-16

Hello, sorry for the delay.

Meanwhile, Google has reverted the change and it seems to be working well.

Still, a script for Yandex and Bing will be highly appreciated!

Sign in to post a reply.