Google Images direct link

NOTE: Since July 2016 this script is unmaintained. It is here just for historical purposes and to let other people fork it. Adds direct links to images and pages in google image search

< Feedback on Google Images direct link

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-06-27

Doesn't work in Google Images page search by own image

The script doesn't work in search by our own image page. I don't know how to replicate this, since the link looks the same as usual, but it's when you search in Google Images using your own image (using the camera button). The similar result section still have the tracked links.

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-06-30

Thank you for the report. You are right, it doesn't work when you upload an image.
I'll work on it, but I'm pretty busy now, I'm not sure when it'll be ready.

§
Posted: 2015-07-01

It's OK. Take your time. I rarely use that feature anyway.
BTW the script also doesn't work in pictures that sometimes shows in main Google page search. Can u pls add it too?

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-07-08

It is strange. I've never found any problem in the main search. Can you reproduce the bug? Does it happen always on certain pages/searchs/images or is it just random?

§
Posted: 2015-07-18
Edited: 2015-07-18

Could you please also add support for encrypted.google.com

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-07-21

I'll work on everything. I'm really interested in maintaining this script and I love having feedback from people who use it. Unfortunately I don't have time until the next month. Please be patient :)

§
Posted: 2015-07-27
BTW the script also doesn't work in pictures that sometimes shows in main Google page search. Can u pls add it too?

I think what you mean is the same as this: https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/2603/x
So that isn't possible. It's not important anyway.

§
Posted: 2015-07-29

I think what you mean is the same as this: https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/2603/x

Yes, exactly the same! Not important but will be nice to have.
Anyway, the other similar script from zanetu could do it. Not that I want to compare or anything. I just want to inform :)

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-08-14

No problem in comparing :)
I mainly write these scripts for myself because I consider coding funny and relaxing (I'm strange, I know) and release them because I hope they'll be useful for other people too.

By the way, starting from the next week I should have some spare time, I may be able to work on an update soon.

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-08-14

Thank you Cerberus, I didn't remember that I've already faced the problem. I'll check again, maybe something changed or maybe this time I'll have some better idea for an hack.

Lorentz83Author
§
Posted: 2015-08-28

Hi,
I've just updated a new version that addresses this problem. Unfortunately the required data is still missing from the preview page. Therefore, what I did is to add a redirect whenever the second search page is opened. The result is that the image is correctly loaded, but after a small delay and a little refresh.
Tell me if it works properly.
Thanks

Sign in to post a reply.