AutoPlay Disabled for HTML5 Videos + Pause on Switch Tab

Prevents auto-play HTML5 videos in new tabs on any page (not just YouTube) and pauses videos when leave/switch/change the current tab, to prevent any video playing in the background. This auto play blocker is an alternative to Click-to-Play / click to play. On some times like YouTube, click twice to begin first playback — From Dan Moorehead (xeonx1), developer of PowerAccess™ (http://PowerAccessDB.com)

< Feedback on AutoPlay Disabled for HTML5 Videos + Pause on Switch Tab

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-06-30

Finally! An HTML5 AutoPause That Works!

Fantastic job, xeonx1. I've tested every single HTML5 pause script on Greasy Fork, as they were added or updated, for months looking for one that actually works as intended. Bask in the glory.

Thanks, I appreciate it, and am glad to hear it works well for you ;)

§
Posted: 2017-07-19

Yes, i agree :smile:
it's a good work and well commented, so we can understand easily how to tweak it.
Thanks !
Ps:
Maybe a command menu and a way to store our tweaks for not losing them on update should be in your ToDo list...

Thanks. Do you mean changes to whitefilter list as tweaks (not the code itself)

§
Posted: 2017-07-20

Yes... and maybe a way to change the others options possibles by a menu (without edit the script)

Thanks, I appreciate it, and am glad to hear it works well for you ;)

It's a good suggestion, but haven't seen it implemented for other user scripts, and would take a lot of time to do so.

However, you can use ViolentMonkey (or whatever browser addon you use to install the script)'s script settings to add your own blacklist and whitelist URLs. Those only apply, however, for when you want to want to block/allow it on pages you visit instead of source hosting domains (eg. so block from running when visit YouTube.com, but not block from being used for webpages that just embed videos from YouTube), but IMO that would work for most cases.

Thanks for the feedback.

§
Posted: 2017-07-21

:smile:

Sign in to post a reply.