Android AppLinks Rewriter

Re-writes Android App Links to point to "a better place"

< Feedback on Android AppLinks Rewriter

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2021-02-05

Ok, so I am trying to add some extra features to my Browser on my Android phone. I am running Fennic, the open source version of Firefox. Most everything is identical, in fact the Firefox login and Sync works between firefox and Fennic and the add-ons "store" is the same for both of them. So to get to the point, I enabled a feature that allowed me to install GreaseMonkey on my Browser on my phone which is absolutely fantastic because as I'm sure everyone who makes it as far as to read this already knows adding GreaseMonkey to any browser opens up a whole world of possibilities. So! Long story short, I've got GreaseMonkey installed and have been attempting to install any scripts and I keep getting an error. I am now wondering if it has to with my browser being on Android OS and So I arrived here because this add-on is for Android devices and it's a GreaseMonkey script so now I have to ask how in the world can I make this or any of the scripts install on my Android OS Fennic Browser GreaseMonkey add-on?

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-02-05
Edited: 2021-02-05

Sorry to disappoint you: but this script is not especially for Android devices (in fact I never used Greasemonkey on any such) – but simply for links to Android apps. I'm using it with my desktop browser (Waterfox). So sorry again – but I cannot help you with general "how to install GM scripts on Android" questions.

§
Posted: 2021-02-12

I understand. It was a longshot.

But I do have to ask, because it is very rare that I would use a desktop computer to search for android apps, there doesn't seem to be much of a point since you will have to go download and install on the phone anyway no? or are these android apps for chromium or something else?

IzzySoftAuthor
§
Posted: 2021-02-12

Different people have different preferences. I eg prefer to do my "browsing and research" on a proper screen, I rarely use a "mobile browser". I also rarely install "new apps" (apart from my app reviews for F-Droid), so I do not have those conflicts.

Sign in to post a reply.