YouTube Remaining Time

Show the remaining time of a YouTube video inside the player.

< Feedback on YouTube Remaining Time

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2019-11-26

Youtube Display Actual Real Time Remaining

I am requesting a script that works on Youtube videos to display the remaining time similar to the "Youtube Remaining Time Script" but updated to display the actual real time remaining that factors in the adjusted playback speed i.e 1.5x normal, 2.0x normal etc.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/19120-youtube-remaining-time

For example:

If the video duration is 2:00 Minutes and the playback speed is set to 2x speed then the script would calculate the actual remaining time countdown from 1:00 Minute adjusted for the 2x playback speed.

§
Posted: 2019-12-16

Hi!! I've added this feature. You'll have to change a config parameter at the top of the script (the line var SHOW_REAL_TIME_REMAINING = false; - just set it to true instead) but hopefully it works for you.

It's slightly flawed because the remaining time will only tick down in about max(1 second / playback rate, 1 second) increments. That is, for playback rates less than 1, the timer won't always tick in single seconds, but for playback rates greater than 1 it will. Without a lot more effort that's the best I can do :(

Enjoy!

§
Posted: 2020-03-21
Edited: 2020-03-21

@"Campbell Watson"

Thanks for the update, it's working as I hoped. I did notice that the script only detects the native youtube playback rate. Using a third party extension the the script would only calculate the playback rate up to 2x based on the default youtube playback settings that maxes out at 2x speed.

I have been using the third party extension "Video Speed Controller" extension from the Chrome Webstore that permits greater than 2x speed when playing back videos. Unfortunately, the default youtube playback speed does not adjust with the third party study.

Can the script be adjusted to automatically detect playback speeds above 2x that can be achieved by third party extensions/scripts? If not, no worries. This addition is already a big help for me as is.

If not, for anyone watches that videos at higher than 2x speed like myself, I found a quick workaround. I adjusted the first part of the "Youtube Remaining Time" script on line 176 to sync with my preferred playback speed of 2.75.

I divided the 2.75 by 2 (Youtube Maximum playbackRate) and changed the script from 1 to 1.375 as shown below:

var suffix = playbackRate == 1 ?

for 2.75

var suffix = playbackRate == 1.375?

And that did the trick.

For any speed greater than 2x, just divide the preferred rate by 2 and updated line 176 in the script.

Thanks Again.

@"Campbell Watson" said: Hi!! I've added this feature. You'll have to change a config parameter at the top of the script (the line var SHOW_REAL_TIME_REMAINING = false; - just set it to true instead) but hopefully it works for you.

It's slightly flawed because the remaining time will only tick down in about max(1 second / playback rate, 1 second) increments. That is, for playback rates less than 1, the timer won't always tick in single seconds, but for playback rates greater than 1 it will. Without a lot more effort that's the best I can do :(

Enjoy!

Sign in to post a reply.