Wanna see the full-sized image or video source on Instagram and be able to download it?
This script has multiple options to open & view those items. Easy usage, read below for instructions.
UPDATE DECEMBER 2020
- IG changed the source output for videos in posts and carousel: fixed with inspiration by @jomifepe
- Gets the correct full-sized image (nothing cropped) in maximum resolution.
- Opens full size image from single image pop-up, single-image page and carousel posts.
- Opens video file on single-video page or from video popup and carousels.
- Files can be saved directly in Chrome (limited) or from browser window in Firefox.
- Quick access with the keyboard shortcut alt+f (see options).
- Instagram pages stay the same, no modifications to the code and functions.
USAGE & OPTIONS
Info: all files open in new window
- on single item page to open photo or video
- on video overlay (e.g. from main or profile feed) to open video
- REMOVED BY INSTAGRAM: on main instagram feed to open all items (use with care!)
- REMOVED BY INSTAGRAM: on profile feed to open all items (use with care!)
hold shift-key and (left-)click on item:
- on single item page to open photo
- on profile feed to open photo
- on video overlay to open video (not working if browser plays it directly)
- on main instagram feed to open photo or video
- on embedded item to open photo
Note for Firefox users: media opens in same window with alt-key + click
Chrome: instead of the shift key, press alt & click on the item to save the file directly.
Firefox: due to the browser restrictions it's not possible to download the files directly.
REQUESTS & COMMENTS
...are very appreciated :)
see changelog on the history tab on greasyfork.org
v2.26 2019-10-27 - again another trick by instagram to hide videos for logged in users. doh!
v2.25 2019-10-20 - fixed a problem with Chrome (note: alt+f on carousel not accurate)
v2.23/24 2019-10 - add back support for single (popup) videos. carousel still not possible
v2.22 2019-09-14 - support for igtv single view or popup: trigger only working with alt+f keyboard combo.
v2.16-2.21 2019-09-14 - adjusted triggers to match instagram html code changes
v2.15 2018-08-28 - fix: jQuery compatibility
v2.15 2018-04-05 - fix: Instagram restricted queries. Changed download behaviour for Chrome users.
v2.12 2016-07-09 - fix: Chrome was incompatible. Thanks to HH for the info.
v2.1 2016-07-02 - fix: code changes, script should work again. more coming soon.
v2.0 2016-06-05 - Chrome: added direct download option (alt+click on item), fixed keyboard bug. Renamed the script.
v1.9 2016-06-01 - Instagram changed their code/api on June 1st: updated script to match everything again plus more options.
v1.8 2016-03-15 - added support for embedded photos.
~1.7 2016-02-28 - shift key + click opens in new window. alt key + click opens in the same window. plus some code cleanup.
v1.7 2016-02-22 - open directly using keyboard shortcut alt+f on single photo/video pages.
v1.6 2016-02-10 - removed the new query string added by Instagram so you are able to save the file immediately.
v1.5 2015-12-20 - added shift click support on video popup.
v1.4 2015-12-19 - per request: added video support on single page view.
v1.3 2015-12-14 - added support for the feed on the instagram.com main page.
v1.2 2015-12-13 - updated to match new Instagram parameters.
v1.1 2015-12-12 - even strange image resolutions are now recognized and shown in full size.
v1.0 2015-12-10 - first release.