YouTube Thumbnails - Full Video Thumbnails for YouTube

Shows complete video thumbnails for YouTube videos. You can click a thumbnail image to jump to that point in the video.

< Feedback on YouTube Thumbnails - Full Video Thumbnails for YouTube

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-09-02

Not seeing the Thumbs button...

Where is it supposed to be? Is it broken right now?

I see this in Firebug:
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] TypeError: spec is undefined

driver8Author
§
Posted: 2015-09-03
Edited: 2015-09-03

It is working on my end. Please provide a link to a video that is not working for you. Is it all videos? Keep in mind that it can take Youtube a few hours to generate the thumbnails for newly posted videos.

driver8Author
§

I appreciate your feedback, Mlynd. I have updated the script to say "No Thumbnails Available" if Youtube has not generated thumbnails. Hopefully that will cut down on confusion. If you still have any issues, please let me know.

§

It's all videos. This one has thumbnails over the timebar, yet the script says No Thumbnails Available : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fseQuKVkOxE

It may be a YouTube change on some frontends, as I use YouTube Center to prevent video autoplay and it no longer shows the thumbs (or even the video length) before I actually start the video.

If this can help, I found this in the source HTML :
"storyboard_spec":"https:\/\/i.ytimg.com\/sb\/fseQuKVkOxE\/storyboard3_L$L\/$N.jpg|48#27#100#10#10#0#default#I73RhTuvh2xDN_6WtaM_vuIKRIw|80#45#133#10#10#2000#M$M#KYqTtoTzvg7YHoEP_mFo41yyhEE|160#90#133#5#5#2000#M$M#COxPMddU1aVHcysqNE_spY-RKdY"

driver8Author
§

Have you tried reloading the page? 'Google uses this funky thing called SPF to speed up loading when you click from one page to another in the same window on YouTube. SPF prevents this script from loading properly. You can either reload the page to enable thumbnails or you can click the Greasemonkey Menu > "User Script Commands" > "Toggle SPF" to disable (or re-enable) SPF.' I believe Youtube Center also has an option to disable SPF.

If that's not it, can you tell me if you use the Youtube Center Firefox extension or Greasemonkey script? I haven't used Youtube Center in a while, but apparently it works with SPF, which is interesting. Finally, you could try editing the script and changing the line 'var LOGGING = false;' to 'var LOGGING = true;' and copy-pasting the output from the console.

§
Posted: 2015-09-05
Edited: 2015-09-05

nm

driver8Author
§
Posted: 2015-09-05

I've updated the script and it seems to work OK with SPF now. Can you let me know if it's working on your end?

§
Posted: 2015-09-09

Still getting the "No Thumbnails Available" / "Reload for Thumbnails" even though I have disabled SPF. I use YouTube Center as a Firefox addon. Also, I use Scriptish instead of Greasemonkey, if it makes any difference.

I've enabled logging and:
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] Hi
youtube...user.js (ligne 30)
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] oops TypeError: unsafeWindow.ytplayer is undefined
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] oops2 TypeError: window.ytplayer is undefined
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] Reload for thumbs
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] Object[div#watch-header.yt-card.yt-card-has-padding]
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] Script done
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] styling
[YouTubeThumbnails-FullVideoThumbnailsforYouTube@driver8.net] DONE

driver8Author
§
Posted: 2015-09-10

Hmm, thanks for the follow-up. I'm curious, why are you using Scriptish instead of Greasemonkey? It's essentially a dead add-on, created to due to some deficiencies in Greasemonkey that have been long since rectified. I tried to test out Scriptish with Firefox 42 and couldn't get ANY userscripts to work.

I did try with Greasemonkey and the YouTubeCenter userscript and didn't encounter any issues with thumbnails, even with autoplay disabled. Please try using Greasemonkey and see if that works.

If not, please tell me the versions of Firefox, YouTubeCenter (add-on or userscript?), and Greasemonkey/Scriptish you are using.

§
why are you using Scriptish instead of Greasemonkey?

Mostly because I've been using it for so long I didn't realise it was abandoned. Thanks for the heads-up ; will try with Greasemonkey as soon as I can.

§

Aaaand it works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

driver8Author
§
Posted: 2015-09-11

Good to hear! At least you prompted me to finally make the script work with SPF :)

§

OK, one more thing. If the thumbnails are not in the usual format (i.e. letterbox cropped out), the thumbnails will stick out of the page. See attached file.

§
driver8Author
§
Posted: 2015-09-12

I've also noticed this with some videos, but haven't decided on the best workaround. I've been meaning to add a selection box for which size of thumbnails to display, so I'll look into this at the same time.

Sign in to post a reply.