HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT

Snag HITs. mturk.

< Feedback on HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2016-03-29

Blocklist issue

Every time I clear my history/cookies (using Ccleaner - which I do a lot per day) the permanent blocklist becomes corrupted. The only way that I have found to fix it, is to delete and then re-add a letter (or anything in the blocklist). Then, the blocklist will work again. I can't figure out why this is.

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2016-03-30

That's interesting. Is anything else affected--include list or other personal settings?

§
Posted: 2016-03-31

I have never used the include list so I couldn't say. If I use r/t, then the block is temporary. It will disappear after restarting/clearing cache and then restarting browser. I always have to enter permanent blocks directly into the code.

The 'Wildcard' setting is affected by this as well. If I select it, it will not stay permanently selected after clearing cache (ccleaner) & restarting browser. I had to go in and change the code & now it is permanently changed.

§
Posted: 2016-04-06

OK, here's the ignore script section. Can you PLEASE help me? Every time I still have to remove a character in the "edit blocklist" on the main HS screen for it to work. It's so frustrating.

if (type === 'ignore' && !localStorage.getItem('scraper_ignore_list')) // set default blocklist
localStorage.setItem('scraper_ignore_list',
'ets nlp research^fraud detection^*french*^*german*^jon brelig^jonathan pirc^kenneth roe^l-pal^' +
'rc.org mechanical turk^*spanish*^speechfeedback^transcribe this^userbob^we-pay-you-fast^zwigglers inc');

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2016-04-06

This is not an issue with my script. The issue lies with ccleaner. It would much better to correctly set up your ccleaner's exclude list than hardcode your workaround.

• In the 'Cleaner' tab, click 'Analyze' and when it's done scanning, view the detailed results of your cookies for both Firefox and Chrome.
  • Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see localStorage files rather than actual cookies, i.e., they'll be listed as a file path instead of starting with Removed cookie:. The site for which they are used will also be in the file URI.
  • Note the ones that have www.mturk.com and add all of them to your exclude list.

It should now correctly ignore these and allow you to use the scripts as intended.

Deleted user 61796
§
Posted: 2016-08-24

Here's the line you need to add to the exclude list:
C:\Users\[Your PC Username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_www.mturk.com_0.localstorage

Sign in to post a reply.