Discussions » Creation Requests

Can anyone build a script to download funimation subtitle

§
Posted: 2021-03-09

i recently came across the Hulu subtitle downloading script which works and i want the same for funimation subtitles too , please help

§
Posted: 2021-03-09
Edited: 2021-03-09

// ==UserScript==
// @name Download Anime Subs on funimation.com
// @namespace FunimationSubsDownloader
// @version 0.1
// @description Download all Anime Subs on funimation.com
// @author hacker09
// @match https://www.funimation.com/*
// @grant GM_registerMenuCommand
// @grant unsafeWindow
// @run-at document-end
// ==/UserScript==

console.log(unsafeWindow.show.seasons[0].episodes[0].languages.japanese.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks.length) //Shows the total amount of subs found, this line needs to be here otherwise the script won't work sometimes, weird bug

GM_registerMenuCommand("Download All Subs", DownloadSubs); //Adds an option to the menu

function DownloadSubs() //Creates a new function called DownloadSubs
{ //Starts the DownloadSubs function
var AllSubtitles = unsafeWindow.show.seasons[0].episodes[0].languages.japanese.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page
for (var i = AllSubtitles.length; i--;) { //For every single subs
if(AllSubtitles[i].src.match('.srt') !== null) //If the link is an .srt sub
{ //Starts the if condition
window.open(AllSubtitles[i].src) //Download all .srt subs in the page

//https://pastebin.com/0zWuhwmd
} //Finishes the if condition
} //Finishes the for condition
} //Finishes the DownloadSubs function

§
Posted: 2021-03-10

bro i want to download the subtitle for the English dub , not for the Japanese one

§
Edited: 2021-03-10

The script already does what you want so there's no need to update the script.

The script not only downloads english subs, but also downloads all subs available for the video!
So you just have to allow popups and the script will download all subs available for the video, then you just need to double click on the downloaded .srt subtitles and see which one is in english.

§

bro i tried to download the english subtitle but it didn't show the option to download when i change the language from japanese to english . please help me . I think i am not using it right . Please tell me how to use it to download english subtitle for the english dub

§

Follow what's on the image that I've added here.

Click on tamper monkey
Open the video link/url you want to download the subs from
Click on the button download all subs

3 or more .srt files will be downloaded
Open them until you find the onde that's in english

§

Open the video link/url you want to download the subs from
Click on tamper monkey
Click on the button download all subs

§

bro i tried whatever you told but i got only 1 srt file which contained the english subtitle for Japanese dub , but when i change the audio to english and subtitle to English cc i cannot see the download option . i want the english dub subtitle to be downloaded not the english subtitle for japanese dub .

for example i tried this for dr stone episode 1 in funimation and the tampermonkey thing did'nt show download all sub option
please try your code with dr stone episode 1 in funimation to know what problem i am facing

§

see this , this is the problem i am facing , i tried refreshing , reinstalling the extension , re-adding the script .etc , nothing worked

§
Posted: 2021-03-11
Edited: 2021-03-11

// ==UserScript==
// @version 0.2
// @author hacker09
// @grant unsafeWindow
// @run-at document-end
// ==/UserScript==
(function() {
'use strict';
var Subs = unsafeWindow.show; //Safe the show subs variable in another variable
if(Subs.seasons[0].episodes[0].languages.hasOwnProperty('english') === true) //If the video page subs are "in english"
console.log('English subtitles Found!');
var AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[0].episodes[0].languages.english.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page
else //If the video page subs are "in japanese"
{ //Starts the else condition
console.log('Japanese subtitles Found!');
AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[0].episodes[0].languages.japanese.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page
} //Finishes the else condition

console.log('It seems that this page has ' + AllSubtitles.length + ' .srt subtitles') //Shows the total amount of subs found, this line needs to be here otherwise the script won't work sometimes, weird bug

//AllSubtitles.forEach(obj => console.log(obj.src) ); //Print all available possible subs on the browser dev console

GM_registerMenuCommand("Download All Subs", DownloadSubs); //Adds an option to the menu

//https://pastebin.com/0zWuhwmd //Backup of html+js codes that I was trying to use to make the downloaded files have their correct titles
})();

§

funimation is a weird website...

If I don't use VPN I can watch SAO 1 season 1 in english and download the english subs, but if I change my location to anywhere on the Americas funimation doesn't show any subs, so I can't download any subs...

Btw I think that the script downloads the subs only for the first season of any anime, and I'm not feeling like I will ever update this script in the future!

§

bro this script is working , but its downloading only for the 1st episode , its not showing download all subs for all the other episodes. For example i tried don loading the subtitle for dr stone but it was only downloading subs for the first video after that download all subs option is not showing for all other episodes . Please fix it . i know you are awesome . by the way thanks for spending time to create this script :)

§

// ==UserScript==
// @version 0.3
// @author hacker09
// @grant unsafeWindow
// @run-at document-end
// ==/UserScript==
(function() {
'use strict';
setTimeout(function(){ //Starts the function at some time, this makes the prompts appear only 2 times instead of 3
var SeasonNumber = parseInt(prompt("Please enter the season number")) -1;
var EpisodeNumber = parseInt(prompt("Please enter episode number")) -1;

if(Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.hasOwnProperty('english') === true) //If the video page subs are "in english"
var AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.english.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page
AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.japanese.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page

console.log('It seems that this page has ' + AllSubtitles.length + ' .srt subtitles') //Shows the total amount of subs found, this line needs to be here otherwise the script won't work sometimes, weird bug

//AllSubtitles.forEach(obj => console.log(obj.src) ); //Print all available possible subs on the browser dev console

//https://pastebin.com/0zWuhwmd //Backup of html+js codes that I was trying to use to make the downloaded files have their correct titles
}, 3000); //FInishes the settimeout function
})();

§

Now you can download any season and any episode, but the 2 prompt boxes will appear 2 times when the page is loaded

§

bro sciprt is working fine for the 1st season , but when going to 2nd season its not showing the download all subs option , please fix , ..please , it would mean a lot to me

§

// ==UserScript==
// @version 0.4
// @author hacker09
// @grant unsafeWindow
// @run-at document-end
// ==/UserScript==
(function() {
'use strict';
var AllSubtitles; //Creates a new global variable
setTimeout(function(){ //Starts the function at some time, this makes the prompts appear only 2 times instead of 3
var SeasonNumber = parseInt(prompt("Please enter the season number")) -1;
var EpisodeNumber = parseInt(prompt("Please enter episode number")) -1;

if(Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.hasOwnProperty('english') === true) //If the video page subs are "in english"
AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.english.alpha; //Get all subs on the page

if(AllSubtitles.hasOwnProperty('uncut') === true) //If the video is from a finished airing season
console.log('Video is from an finished airing season sub');
AllSubtitles = AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.english.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page
console.log('Video is from an airing season sub');
AllSubtitles = AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.english.alpha.simulcast.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page

AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.japanese.alpha; //Get all subs on the page

if(AllSubtitles.hasOwnProperty('uncut') === true) //If the video is from a finished airing season
console.log('Video is from an finished airing season sub');
AllSubtitles = AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.japanese.alpha.uncut.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page
console.log('Video is from an airing season sub');
AllSubtitles = AllSubtitles = Subs.seasons[SeasonNumber].episodes[EpisodeNumber].languages.japanese.alpha.simulcast.sources[0].textTracks; //Get all subs on the page

}, 3000); //FInishes the settimeout function
})();

§

Now all you have to do is open the page and write the season and ep number

§
Posted: 2021-03-12

bro script worked for 2 seasons of dr stone . but in black clover its working upto episode 31 . please fix it please .......

§

bro can you please update the script ...... a very humble request

§

I don't even have an account on this website, so I obviously don't have a paid subscription on this website.
Do you have a paid account on this website?
Are you willing to share your account with me? (*I love animes too!)

If your answer is NO for 1 of the questions I did above, then forget me. I can't help you.

§

yes bro i can share the account . can you please make this script work for all the other seasons of blackclover

§

where should i share my account details

§

bro can you give me your twitter handle , i will dm the details there

§
Edited: 2021-03-12

When I login to your account I can see how funanimation works, then I can try to figure out if I can/will help you or not.

Obviously passwords/emails should always be private information, don't send that on this topic!

I don't have a twitter account, I never had 1 during my whole life, cause I "hate" big techs...

Please wait patiently for my reply, there's no need to "spam" this topic/me.

§
Posted: 2021-03-13

bro can you please ... please update the script

§

Please wait patiently for my reply I may take a whole week to code this...

§

bro please a humble request can you code the script as you did before just to download blackclover subtitles.......bro or else can you rip the subtitles for me and share it to me via dropbox or something else ......please i need it

bro can you update the script fast like in 24 hours .......i know its hard but can you give it a try please i need this soo badly i mean literally....:(

§
Posted: 2022-01-13

i need help i can't find the button to download

§
Posted: 2022-01-29

i recently came across the Hulu subtitle downloading script which works and i want the same for funimation subtitles too , please help

can you please reupload the script so we can download it please ?

§
Posted: 2023-03-25

this script isn't working anymore? can someone reupload it please?

§
Posted: 2023-04-12

This guy says "bro" too much 😅

Sign in to post a reply.