Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Suggestion: Improve the changelog/history, when authors release script updates

§
Posted: 2021-03-06
Edited: 2021-03-06

I think that some authors don't even write anything there because the characters limit is too low... I really would like this limit to be increased.

Also if possible please allow authors to use line breaks and edit the changelog/history at least for a few minutes after they have released their update. Sometimes I really want to use line breaks but that is currently not possible, and sometimes I also miswrite stuff that I'm unable to fix.

Also (but not really needed), would be good if authors could use at least a few html or markdown things on the changelog, like a number or bullet list for example.

§

Hmm, I added support for changelog markup options in 2017. Why did I do that and not make it actually work? I don't remember.

§
Edited: 2021-03-06

@JasonBarnabe
lol...

But what I want the most is actually the option to edit the changelog, add line breaks and write more.

§

I don't know that that (editing) will happen, but you should be able to add line breaks if Markdown and HTML are supported, and they'll be a preview function like everywhere else.

§

@JasonBarnabe
hmmm.

I'm talking about the "Changelog What's changed in this version?" text area element. Right now there's no way to edit, add line breaks or preview it...

§

Yeah. Hence the "if Markdown and HTML are supported". I still gotta do that.

§

@JasonBarnabe

Ok. Just wanted to make sure that we were talking about the same thing.

I will wait...

Thanks.

§
Posted: 2021-03-07

Changelogs can be HTML/Markdown now.

§
Posted: 2021-03-07

Nice.

Thank you

§
Posted: 2021-03-08
Edited: 2021-03-08

@JasonBarnabe

I think that images should overflow the changelog area right? Can I please have that fixed?
*I wouldn't have to waste your time asking if there was an edit feature...

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/418200-malfunction-fix-errors-on-mal-text-autosaver/versions

§
Posted: 2021-03-09

Fixed.

§
Posted: 2021-03-09

Thanks

Sign in to post a reply.