Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Suggestion: Allow authors to add iframe or markdown videos from Youtube and similar video hosting websites

§
Posted: 2021-02-27
Edited: 2021-02-27

I really want to a add quick and short video introducing and showing a few things that 1 of my scripts can do, so that users can quickly decide if they will or not install the script, but now it seems that it's impossible to use the iframe in html, and the video markdown doesn't support YT videos.

Why greasyfork didn't implement such a basic and helpful feature yet?

§
Edited: 2021-02-27

Why greasyfork didn't implement such a basic and helpful feature yet?

The question with what markup to support is a question of what should be allowed and what the security concerns are. You start with disallowing everything, then pick safe things to allow.

It's easy to do, but no one has asked for it until now.

§

@JasonBarnabe

Yeah, I also thought that it was probably because of security and privacy concerns, but as you said I also thought it would be easy to implement the iframe or make the video markdown accept youtube videos, and I also thought that was probably easy to allow just a few trustable video hosting websites.

Thank you so much!

§
Posted: 2021-02-28

Iframe should also be added here now
https://greasyfork.org/en/help/allowed-markup

§
Posted: 2021-02-28
Iframe should also be added here now
https://greasyfork.org/en/help/allowed-markup

Done.

§
Posted: 2021-03-03

@JasonBarnabe

It's a useful feature, but could you support more video websites like bilibili.com? It's inconvenient to access youtube in China.
Here is an example of the iframe code for bilibili:
<iframe src="//player.bilibili.com/player.html?aid=501830870&bvid=BV1dN411X7ui&cid=301950920&page=1" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" allowfullscreen="true"> </iframe>

§
Posted: 2021-03-04

Implemented.

§
Posted: 2021-03-04

Implemented.

Thanks!

Sign in to post a reply.