Twitter/X - clickable links to images and show uncropped thumbnails

All image posts in Twitter/X Home, other blog streams and single post views link to the high-res "orig" version. Thumbnail images in the stream are modified to display uncropped.

< Σχολιασμός για τον κώδικα Twitter/X - clickable links to images and show uncropped thumbnails

Ερώτηση/σχόλιο

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 28/07/2019

Doesn't work in posts

I found that in new Twitter UI, funcitons don't work inside a post. like: https://twitter.com/irodori7/status/1154791174856568833

Would you like to fix that?

marpΔημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 29/07/2019

Yes, definitely. It's on "the list".

Question: It seems to me that the zooming/cropping of image thumbnails is different in the post view from what one gets in the streams/feeds? One with quite some variety as to zoom/crop factors? -> Did you notice the same? -> Any pattern you can see? When implementing this, I want to make sure that I have sufficient samples for testing...

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 31/07/2019

I think in the post the image is already uncropped, just change it to the "orig" one is ok.

marpΔημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 31/07/2019

That's what I though initially, as well. But by now, I've also come across some posts where the images were cropped...

marpΔημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 06/08/2019
Επεξεργάστηκε: 06/08/2019

Please check the updated version and see if it works for you in the individual posts that you come across... I made the script logic a bit more robust - and now it "seems" to work in all the different types of single post views that I've managed to find, so far...

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 08/08/2019

Definitely works in the post. But it seems that it doesn't works correctly in scale...

marpΔημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 08/08/2019

I think I need a URL to a post like this (and if anything, what you did in addition to make it appear like this). For me, it looks like this (if I managed to find the correct post):

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBbag1BXsAAkc48?format=jpg&name=orig)

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBbag1CW4AcIiLL?format=jpg&name=orig)

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 09/08/2019

Weird, I tried using Chrome and it works properly. Does it has some compatibility issue with CentBrowser?

marpΔημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 09/08/2019

Maybe - though I'd first suspect the GreaseMonkey/TamperMonkey/[whatever] add-on variant that's installed in the CentBrowser... check and see if it is an old add-on version...

I develop and test using GreaseMonkey 4.9 and FireFox...

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 10/08/2019

both are 4.8.41

marpΔημιουργός
§

So it's not caused by the add-on for the user scripts.

Then, either something is weird with CentBrowser - or Twitter produces different HTML for the UserAgent value that CentBrowser uses.

Google says that some larger sites (e.g.: WhatsApp) behave strangely or do not work at all if they encounter "unusual" UserAgents...

§

Maybe it is something with CentBrowser. I tried using the same UA which copied from Chrome and nothing changes.

Δημοσίευση απάντησης

Συνδεθείτε για να δημοσιεύσετε μια απάντηση.