Greasy Fork is available in English.

IMDb: Link 'em all!

Adds all kinds of links to IMDb, customizable!

< Σχολιασμός για τον κώδικα IMDb: Link 'em all!

Ερώτηση/σχόλιο

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 16/04/2017
Επεξεργάστηκε: 17/04/2017

Help changing searches to direct links.

Hi. I rate movies in lots of different sites (because of their recommendation engines) so this script is really useful for making the chore of rating faster.

Still I wanted to go further and have direct links instead of search links, as most sites you can guess the url of a movie just with the title. So I messed around a little with your script. Still the result is (aesthetically) a mess and I wanted some help with it.

This is how it goes. For example, if I want the rateyourmusic link for a movie they use the original title of the movie (I have imdb set as to show the original title) with lowercase and _ instead of spaces and most special characters (with some special characters erased). So I take the title, I latinize it, lower case it, change special characters and go to rateyourmusic.com/film/{{TITLE}} and I'am done. This doesn't work when the original title is in a non-latin alphabet, so for those cases I have a second rateyourmusic link which simply searches using the english title (which I get using omdb api) and in those cases the original link shows a red cross.

What I want is, instead of the red cross, to hide the non-working direct link and show the search link instead (and to hide the search link when the original one works).

A second (and more complicated) example is Criticker. Most of the time the english title (with - instead of spaces and all that) works well. In cases when there is another movie with the same name you might have to use criticker.com/film/{{ENGLISH_TITLE}}-{{IMDB_YEAR}}. If you see that both of them work the second one is the most likely to work. And there are some rare exceptions in which you will have to use the original title (which you notice because the other two don't work). For the exceptiional cases when none of the three works I use a fourth link which simply perform the search.

So again I want to see only the best working link (title+year if avaible, else only english title, else original title, else search).

Gosh, that was a long post, hope you understood my point.

I attach my file, I don't know anything about javascript (and little about programming in general) so it is probably a mess.

buzzΔημιουργός
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 22/10/2017
Επεξεργάστηκε: 22/10/2017

Hey, I think the functionality you want is not in the scope of this script. However you can take this script as a starting point by forking it. Good luck!

Δημοσίευση απάντησης

Συνδεθείτε για να δημοσιεύσετε μια απάντηση.