Greasy Fork is available in English.

Συζητήσεις » Αιτήματα Δημιουργίας

Youtube new dynamic change of hd to "Square" videos

§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 16/07/2020
Επεξεργάστηκε: 16/07/2020

Youtube new dynamic change of hd to "Square" videos

This is driving me totally nuts, i've been searching for a solution through all the web.

Youtube.com/watch?v=yFsmUBLn8O0

As you can see, you get the full hd rectangular view when you go to that page, but if you click on "play", the video's reduced to an infantile ridiculous square, & this change is dynamically applied by youtube on many many videos.

I'd like youtube to stop moving the page to the right & reduce the video size, but always stay on widescreen video formats (16:9)

Here's how it looks like when i click on play:

& if possible please, also, stop youtube from adding new videos on scroll, i'd like to be able to click on new page numbers again, like before.

wOxxOmΣυντονιστής
§

The main problem is caused by the fact that the actual video has 4:3 aspect ratio while the preview picture is the standard 16:9. When the video is played, the height of the player stays the same so it's the width that must shrink to match the 4:3 ratio.

§

What i'd like is a script that keeps the video frame like in the first picture for all videos.

§

& doesn't allow youtube to either change the video frame in size & move the page to the left.

§

& naturally, if you can write that script, if you think 16:9 would make it look worse, then make the width match 4:3, but for any video source, i want it to stay just like the size of the initial frame when i open a youtube video link..

wOxxOmΣυντονιστής
§

This is not physically possible with 4:3 videos without losing something: a) squishing them or b) cutting their top and bottom parts.

§

Please try to either make them squish or lose, i'd rather have minor pixel issues than this reduced video frame. Try the method that doesn't slow down youtube video play please.

wOxxOmΣυντονιστής
§

Squished is hardly "minor" to me:

Anyway, try using the existing scripts: https://greasyfork.org/scripts?q=youtube+aspect

§

Ratio switcher is the only one that makes sense in the list & is old, cuting parts. while this youtube technique is new. moreover, it doesnt revert the frame to its initial size, nor prevents the page from moving to the left, please write that script wOxxOm, take ur time if necessary.

its true that squishing isnt the solution, try the losing solution then. Try your best please, if you don't know how youtube proceeded till moving to reduced video sizes..

wOxxOmΣυντονιστής
§

Actually I can't reproduce the problem with this video: it's displayed in full width here, its height is automatically increased to accommodate the 4:3 ratio.

§

You can't reach my first image in terms of size, with that script & the page is still sent to the right.

wOxxOmΣυντονιστής
§

I don't use any scripts at all. When I click play nothing gets moved anywhere. I guess I'm on an old UI then.

§

The issue was confirmed by others in other forums as a new issue applied by youtube, if anyone at greasyfork could create this script for the previously explained purpose, please try. As i'm hopelessly looking through the web & the effect / result is ugly.

mach6Συντονιστής
§
Δημοσιεύτηκε: 17/07/2020

Strangely, I only get 4:3 aspect ratio for 480p with either Edge (Chromium core) or Firefox.

I suggest you to ask the developer of the browser extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhancer-for-youtube/ for help. I didn't find any good youtube tweak userscripts after YouTube+ died but Google keeps making worse "improvement" of their UI, especially targeted at non Chrome users.

q1k
§

You can try https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/37902-iridium

But you can also get the good classic design back by changing the useragent to googlebot. Just add a rule for youtube only so it doesn't break other sites.

§

That's why i'm here mach6, cause there are script developers here, but the request might become ignored, as other requests arrive on top of older ones. & i'm not on firefox but palemoon, so i'm looking for a script, not an addon which takes forever to be accepted or are either full of other needless functions slowing down the aimed page.

§
Επεξεργάστηκε: 17/07/2020

Q1 please create the script.. Iridium is one year old, blocks video playing & does not aim the request:

1) I want to force the player to stay 16:9 or 16:10 (not sure which one YouTube uses) and show 4:3 video letterboxed (with black bars on the sides), just how it always was. Avoiding the modification of the ratio & moving the page to the right..

2) general.useragent.override.youtube.com with value googlebot in about:config does not help either.

Please guys create that script.

q1k
§

That's a feature in Iridium, you can turn it off. Or rather turn it on, since it's disabled by default. Iridium also forces the player to be 16:9 The background is not made black, but that's not a problem, a simple css rule can take care of that. #movie_player { background: black; } You'll need a styling extension for that to work, I had stylish 2.0.7 installed (newer version has some privacy issues), but another one should work fine, such as stylus or xstyle. I'm not sure if those are available for palemoon though.

As for the user agent switcher. I don't know if palemoon even has a proper UAS extension with all the features that other browsers' extensions have.

§
Επεξεργάστηκε: 18/07/2020

Again, iridium is outdated. not working.. so i can't do anything about it. & i needed a script so that style does nothing to me either:

#movie_player { background: black; }

& no style will prevent youtube from moving selective pages to the right....... .

but scripts..

Δημοσίευση απάντησης

Συνδεθείτε για να δημοσιεύσετε μια απάντηση.