Stream URL grabber

Adds a button that gives you a .m3u8 file for a stream on Twitch or Hitbox.

< Feedback on Stream URL grabber

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2015-11-15
Edited: 2015-11-15

Failed - No file; Transcode does not exist

Hey

I tried using your script today, but I had some problems. It seems that the link that the script obtains returns an error for some of the VODs I tried to download.

What happens is that chrome attempts to download this VOD, but returns:

I tried disabling the window.close() function to see if the link existed, and twitch returns:

So this problem... is it Twitch's fault? Or is it the scripts fault?
Other services such as TwitchDown speak of a limitation due to the new HLS streams... could it be this? I don't really know but can you please help me out here? Thanks in advance :)

winceptorAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-11-21

Sorry did not notice that there was a comment (i should see if i can set email notifications or something), but it indeed looks like twitch is not offering hls stream for said channel and thus it does not work. I guess i can look into it, but i'm afraid it's out of my reach.
My script simply requests access token and uses it to grab a link to .m3u8 file, whether it exists or not is another thing. So yeah, it's something on twitch side.
If you could point out what changes to HLS they did i might find something out.

Hopefully script is still somehow useful to you.

winceptorAuthor
§

Sorry did not notice that there was a comment (i should see if i can set email notifications or something), but it indeed looks like twitch is not offering hls stream for said channel and thus it does not work. I guess i can look into it, but i'm afraid it's out of my reach.
My script simply requests access token and uses it to grab a link to .m3u8 file, whether it exists or not is another thing. So yeah, it's something on twitch side.
If you could point out what changes to HLS they did i might find something out.

Hopefully script is still somehow useful to you.

winceptorAuthor
§

Crap. Posting on phone is apparently not a good idea.

§

^Lol

I haven't really been interested in downloading Twitch VODs recently, so I don't really know what the changes are. JDownloader mentioned that the HLS streams were from a 3rd party, meaning that Twitch would not be hosting them?

Anyways I don't really understand why it doesn't work, other than knowing that Twitch probably found a way to make it more difficult/annoying to obtain direct links

By the way the notification settings can be found at the small gear icon above the "New Discussion" button. I think this refers to the forums, although I do remember the settings to be fiddly in order for it to work properly

Sign in to post a reply.