Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Відгуки до Youtube HD

Відгук: Добре - скрипт працює добре

§
Опубліковано: 11.11.2023

Theater mode is not working.

I set the autoTheater setting to true in the settings, nothing happened. I changed the default resolution to "hd720", the resolution changed, so it was reading the settings.
I removed and reinstalled the script to make sure no previous edits caused the problem, reloaded the script on YouTube so it populated the settings, and then tried once more, theater mode didn't work, "hd720" worked. Removed extensions except Violentmonkey, same situation.

adisibАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 12.11.2023
Edited: 12.11.2023

I just tried with Violentmonkey on Firefox, but I didn't have any issues and theater mode worked fine when Violentmonkey was enabled. Can you let me know what browser you are using, and what your Violentmonkey settings (such as injection mode) are? It is also possible that YouTube made a breaking change but it hasn't rolled out to everyone yet.

§
Опубліковано: 12.11.2023

Ah sorry, I didn't put enough info.
Firefox 115.4 ESR on Windows 10, Violentmonkey 2.16.0, injection mode auto. In case it was my fault I also tried in a fresh profile with only Violentmonkey and this script too, still no auto theater. GB localisation.

adisibАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 14.11.2023

Can you please try allowing Violentmonkey in private browsing and see if it still happens in a private browsing window? This is to eliminate any cookies in the case of you getting put into YouTube experiments.

§
Edited: 14.11.2023

It hasn't resulted in a change. I forgot to mention I clear cookies on browser close and use YouTube logged out, so this was accounted for before too. If I allow edits in Violentmonkey and then manually change "auto theater" to true in the script and not the settings, it works.

adisibАвтор
§

Thanks for your patience, I have found the issue now. I was not able to reproduce it before because I was accidentally testing with auto theater set to true in the script. If the value was false in the script, then it would not load from the stored settings. But if the value of the script is true then the changing the setting would work, which is why I wasn't having issues. It should be fixed now in the new version I just released. Please try it and let me know if it fixes the problem for you.

§
Опубліковано: 15.11.2023

>Thanks for your patience

No, thank you for the great script and for fixing the issue!

Опублікувати відповідь

Sign in to post a reply.