HTML5 thingie for Spotify Web Player

Play music on the browser without having to install Flash Player. Yes, I know why SWF bridges exist.

< Відгуки до HTML5 thingie for Spotify Web Player

Відгук: Погано - скрипт не працює

§
Опубліковано: 30.06.2016

Not working anymore

Seems to be broken. Able to browse play.spotify.com but not play any music. (The player that slides in from the right doesn't display)

SwyterАвтор
§

Yeah. They rolled a new encryption mechanism like four months ago with two levels of ciphering that we have already figured out. We still fool Spotify in thinking that is running Flash and its damn DRM bridge.

We still get the songs, but the songs come scrambled by default, so the HTML5 player gets confused and it notifies my Flash shim and it notifies the client platform framework that there are errors, the platform talks with the server and the server bails out.

Have you been able to listen to music until very recently? Maybe they have been AB testing and rolling the encoded DRM thing progressively in a sneaky, slow-paced way.

SwyterАвтор
§

Also, if I haven't implemented the encryption thing is because it is a mess.
I'm aware, but I have been procrastinating the fix.

§
Опубліковано: 28.07.2016

If it's not too laborious, it would be great to have this working again. It's the only way to use Spotify on FreeBSD.

SwyterАвтор
§
Опубліковано: 05.08.2016

I'll give it another go soon. Greasemonkey makes this kind of cross-origin fetch very... greasy. I have to use a proxy function in the page context to escape the sandbox.

There's no other way of retrieving the songs without Spotify helping me out by adding specific headers allowing XHR. It's a bit of a mess, architecturally.

Опублікувати відповідь

Sign in to post a reply.