Greasy Fork is available in English.

Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

سوئال / ئىنكاس

§
يوللانغان ۋاقتى: 2022-10-26

Hi,

Some SDH Hungarian subtitles have started to appear on Netflix based on the translation of the Hungarian dub. I think there will be more and more in the future. But there's a problem:
- If you play the audio with the Hungarian dub, you can choose between SDH and normal subtitle, but both are based on the translation of the dub, just with or without the SDH parts.
- If you play the audio with the original language, there's another Hungarian subtitle file with another translation, not the same as the other one based on the dub. Now the script cannot download this one, only the dub text subtitles.

Could you please make it possible to download all subtitles at the same time (dub SDH and non SDH + not dub subtitles). Or if it's not possible, could you please put it into the settings so we can choose?

You can test it with this movie, this already has both kind of subtitles:
https://www.netflix.com/title/81260083

And I think this may occur with other languages too.

Tithen-Firionئاپتور
§

I don't think that's possible.

§

I see, thank you. Do you think there is any other way to download the subtitles that appear when the audio is set to the original language?

Tithen-Firionئاپتور
§

I don't know. I don't even use Netflix. Maybe there's some other script or program.

§

I think it's possible that your script could download both subtitles but they have the same filename and they overwrite each other. Could you please check it?

Tithen-Firionئاپتور
§

No, I can't. As I said, I don't use Netflix. You can edit the script yourself. Change

const lang = track.language + type + (track.isForcedNarrative ? '-forced' : '');

to

const lang = track.language + type + (track.isForcedNarrative ? '-forced' : '');
console.log(lang);

Then open some movie/episode, open browser console (F12, click on the Console tab) and refresh the page. It should print languages in the console. If there are doubled ones - then they overwrite each other.

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش

جاۋاب قايتۇرۇش ئۈچۈن كىرىش.