Greasy Fork is available in English.

Stig's Facebook Homefeed Cleanr

Cleaning up the homefeed on Facebook. Removes or highlights Suggested, sponsored and paid content in the homefeed.

< Feedback on Stig's Facebook Homefeed Cleanr

Soru/yorum

§
Gönderildi: 11.08.2016

License

Hello, do you have any plans of releasing this userscript under a free open source software license? A FOSS license would make it possible for others to modify and share this userscript, allowing others to help you fix bugs or improve the userscript. There are many licenses you could pick from.

§
Düzenlendi: 11.08.2016

Thanks for your interest in my Facebook script. Yes, I have been thinking I should find a license for this and my other userscripts. I just haven't been able to decide :-) I'm already have my photos available under Creative Commons Attribution license, so it would maybe be natural to select a Creative Commons license, but they don't seem to be recommended for software. Just hasn't spend much time looking at it yet, so suggestions are welcome! :-)

I'm generally open to people getting inspired by my work, maybe also forking. Especially if some kind of credit is given and I'm allowed to take back their ideas into my codebase.

Btw, I haven't found time to work much on the script since I posted the first version. But my plans for future versions are:

1) Making more filters and making them optional in settings.
2) User-definable filters (For example someone might want to remove all posts with the text-pattern "John Doe commented on this").

Currently my scripts are hosted as "gists" on GitHub, but I have also been considering making a real GitHub repository where other people could contribute to the development. You think there would be interest for such a thing?

§

Just checked out your photos, they look great! :smile:

Especially if some kind of credit is given and I'm allowed to take back their ideas into my codebase.

If you want to be able to take the improvements they make, you'll need to use GPL. GPL allows anyone to make changes and freely publish them, but requires them to make their code available under GPL as well.

Your ideas, especially the user-definable filters sounds like a nice idea in my opinion.

You think there would be interest for such a thing?

To be honest, I have never received any contributions to my (tiny) userscript. It is very possible you won't really receive any either, but I think it is nice to have the possibility. Also, putting them in a real repository is a good idea in my opinion.

§
Düzenlendi: 11.08.2016

Thanks for both looking at my photos and giving me input on licenses. I will look into GPL soon and see if I like it (But maybe it is a bit too restrictive if GPL is only compatible with GPL). And maybe also move code to a real repository...

§
Gönderildi: 23.08.2016
Düzenlendi: 23.08.2016

Hi SeriousBug
Things move slow for me and on my script at the moment. I haven't updated the script yet, but I have decided to use the Apache License 2.0. I did consider GPL, but as I understand GPL is really only compatible with, well GPL itself. It seems a bit to restrictive, so I will use the more open Apache license. Anyway, feel free to base work on my code as long as I'm credited. I wont make any trouble :-)
FYI, I will release a new version of the script later this week, I expect. If everything goes as expected it will be a return to an "observer-based" method like the first versions of my script. This is - as far as I can see - faster (eats fever resources) than alternatives.

§
Gönderildi: 23.08.2016

Thanks a lot :smile:

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.