Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Search Extra Buttons

Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 26/08/2022

The script doesn't work if you disable third party cookies on Google chrome v104. Is there a workaround for this without having to allow third party cookies?

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 26/08/2022
Edited: 26/08/2022

I don't know of cookies that prevent or help the script run.

Now, I disable Third party cookies in settings of Chrome and script not works due to message:

"Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document."

This script use localStorage for save settings of script.

You may fix script for not using of localStorage, then it will not stop by this error. (Thanks, I save TODO for me.)

§
Posted: 02/11/2022

I, too, face the issue (the script doesn't work) if third party cookie is disabled in Opera browser Version:92.0.4561.33. PL check and update the script to work. Thin is one of good script.

Thanks
KSK

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 02/11/2022

KSKwin123:
If you attempt install this script in Opera via TamperMonkey - this extension is blocked by Opera.
How to inslall userscript in Opera without Tampermonkey: instructions are placed here:

https://greasyfork.org/ru/scripts/7543-google-search-extra-buttons/discussions/141609

§
Posted: 01/12/2022

OP might be on to something. The script works on FF 107, but not on Chrome Version 108.0.5359.72 (Official Build) (64-bit). Obviously, I have third party cookies disabled (as should everyone).

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 10/12/2022

> Obviously, I have third party cookies disabled (like everyone else).
If this userscript were a Chrome extension, it would ask for access to third party cookies. For the userscript to work, it need save the settings. And the site google.com does not allow you to save settings in localStorage and erases them regularly. Settings are saved on the not google.com domain.

Sign in to post a reply.