Greasy Fork is available in English.

MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Feedback on MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Question/comment

§
Posted: 26/02/2016

Update gets stuck, doesn't finish

I put this question on the Reddit sub yesterday but maybe it needs to be here.

Long story short - everything was fine until yesterday (2/25/16), when for some reason the update would not finish - it got stuck with 10 hits left (I could tell from the counter). I tried multiple things which I won't detail here (they're on the Reddit thread; I can paste them here if needed) but nothing worked, and since I needed to start work for the day I gave up and used it as is. After I finished work 3 hours later I tried a couple of other things that I'd just thought of but those made things worse - update and import both produced just error messages and Hit Scraper wasn't catching anything. Time to stop for the day...

Fast forward to a half hour ago and I tried something new - replacing the entire "https+++www.mturk.com" folder in "default->storage" with the same folder from 2/23 (I have 6 days' worth of backups). The script was able to at least start updating but it still got stuck, and this time it stuck with 18 or 19 hits left to process - the message was "Processing 2016-01-13 page 1 [ 230/248 ]". I gave it a half hour and then stopped it by reloading the page (which is the only way I know to do that). I next tried importing a CSV that I'd downloaded yesterday (2/25) and manually updated; it gave me errors for all of yesterday's hits, saying the "pay" field wasn't a number, but once I skipped those (I tried to fix them without success) the import finished successfully, so at least I'm only 1 day behind. And Hit Scraper is finding hits/requesters, so at least I can work. But it would be nice to get this fixed because manually updating the CSV is a pain and with the importer not liking my number field formats the database is just going to get further and further behind.

(FYI, I'm using Waterfox 40.1.0 in Windows 7.)

§
Posted: 28/02/2016

UPDATE 2/27*: My version of Waterfox was out of date so I took care of that and it's now at 44.0.3. I was finally able to get a successful import of my manually updated CSV file but the update is still not working, and now it's sticking at 30 hits left (it's counting backwards to January for some reason). I did try removing and reinstalling the script - again (I think that's the third time) but it didn't help.

I did try importing and updating in Firefox, and that worked (although the update got stuck briefly, something about "maximum server requests"). I'm not sure if this is due to the difference between FF and WF or if it's a version issue; I don't really use FF anymore so it's very out of date (v36.0). But at least that's another piece of information in case anyone can help.

*This site apparently doesn't have a way to edit the original post; it took me several tries, and lots of circular navigation, even to get it to recognize my login just so I could post this update.

§
Posted: 29/02/2016

UPDATE 2/28: I finally got this working, in the latest version of Waterfox (44.0.3), by building a new profile from scratch. I created a new one as a test and when that worked I figured something in the old profile was messing with the script, so it was time for a new one. I think the details of how I rebuilt the profile will be more useful to the Reddit people so I put those there; I just wanted to note this here.

Sign in to post a reply.