About it in short
The script adds on every website a performance counter that can show a frames per second value, frame time or used memory.
More screenshots is below!
How to install to a PC browser
Step 1. Scripts manager
To use scripts, first you need to install a scripts manager. My advice is Tampermonkey, since I use it too.
Tampermonkey install links for different browsers, choose yours:
Chrome / Vivaldi Opera Firefox Safari Microsoft Edge
If your browser is missing here, try to find a link by search, write its name instead of BROWSER.
Step 2. Come back here
Refresh the page and press the green Install button located above this description.
Step 3. Check if it works
If it is, here you go
- Click on it with a left mouse button to change the mode
- Hold and drag to change its position
- Click with a right mouse button to hide
- Left click on the last visible position to show it again
If you are going to use the script frequently, you will definitely be annoyed by its presence at all websites, not on the needed only.
You can make a list of a websites where the script should work:
- Open the control panel of your -monkey extension and select at scripts list "Performance monitor".
- Replace 9 string from
// @include * to
// @include https://yoursite.com. Example:
// @include https://reddit.com
- For every website needed its own "include" string. If you need to add a lot of websites, the script head part would look like this:
- Save the script with Ctrl+S combination or through a top toolbar
- Make somewhere on your computer a copy of your list, if it's big. Unfortunately, when the script is updated, any user changes are deleted. This does not happen automatically, but better to be safe than to do it all over again.
At new versions of the Tampermonkey, if user makes own edits in a script, it disables the script autoupdate. But I don't plan to update this script any soon, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What I was lazy to do, but maybe I would make once
- Remembering the monitor last position and apply it after refreshing a page
- More comfortable handling of the websites white list
- Commands to reset a charts and the monitor position if some unexpected bug was encountered
Additional keywords for search