Pergunta/comentário

§
Publicado: 06/04/2024

Got me IP Blocked for 10 minutes several time in a row

DrigtimeAutor
§
Publicado: 06/04/2024
Editado: 06/04/2024

Yeah it do happen, but I would guess you where downloading a HUGE mod collection.
The script doesn't "download" the mods, it just fetch the "slow" download link from nexus and send it to Vortex, so if you have let say 800 mods, il will make 800 request which is pretty suspicious isn't it ? ^^'
If it is your case, I would suggest to launch the download of like 50 to 100 mods, pause the script, wait for them to get downloaded on Vortex and then resume the download of an other bush of mods and repeat the operation.

During my development I didn't had in mind downloading such huge mods collection...
Maybe I will try to think of a way to auto wait a calculated amount of time based of the size of a mod before launching the download of an other one.

§
Publicado: 08/04/2024

It was only a modpack of 50 mods, but it may of still happened. I'll try what you said.

DrigtimeAutor
§
Publicado: 08/04/2024

Ah that's weird then..
But it seems from your other feedback you had issues and so you probably restarted the script multiple times which accumulated requests and triggered a warning from Nexus side got you banned.

I updated the script yesterday to add a pause of minimum 5 seconds between each download to let Vortex have the time to receive the mod and to download it. It slowed down the process of downloading a collection, but I hope it will prevent what you faced from happening again.

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.