Greasy Fork is available in English.

Disable YouTube 60 FPS (Force 30 FPS)

Tells YouTube that your browser only supports videos at 30FPS or less, which switches all 60FPS videos to 30FPS and allows old computers to watch high-resolution videos without stutter!

< Feedback em Disable YouTube 60 FPS (Force 30 FPS)

Avaliação: Bom - o script funciona

§
Publicado: 30/08/2017
Editado: 16/09/2017

Not working

youtube changed and the script is not accepted anymore

§
Publicado: 05/09/2017
Editado: 05/09/2017

True, YouTube recently changed in some weird and magical way. Somehow, they're able to create the "window.ytplayer" object before Tampermonkey has a chance to run this injection script. Even though Tampermonkey is supposed to be running before all regular page scripts! Maybe Tampermonkey broke recently?

Seeing the "window.ytplayer" object was the sign I used to be able to know "okay we were injected too late, after YouTube's own scripts have already executed, so we need to reload the page to try injecting again". But that method is no longer reliable, since the object now always exists. That's why the old version of this script recently got stuck in a reload loop, constantly thinking it had injected too late, and then finally aborted with the red bar warning message about "failing".

I have now rewritten everything. It now simply waits 250 milliseconds after our code-injection, to give YouTube's scripts a chance to run and do the format checking. And then after the 250 milliseconds are elapsed, we count how many video formats our injector has blocked. If it has blocked anything, it knows that it was successful. If not, it reloads the page to try again.

The bad-ish news is: This new method isn't beautiful since it uses a hardcoded timer, but there isn't really any other way to do it anymore. I chose a safe value of 250ms, since I saw that injection takes place within ~40ms on my slow, seven years old computer. So this delay is long enough to give even the slowest computers enough time to run YouTube's Javascript and let their player perform the format checks.

The good news is: This new method works, and should work forever since it isn't dependent on any YouTube script code at all anymore. (The old, slightly nicer method which no longer works was reliant on "window.ytplayer" which would have failed if they renamed that object in the future. This new method of "counting how many formats we have blocked" doesn't have any issues like that.)

Please download version 1.5 of this script. And please update your review from Bad to Good if the update works as well for you as it does for me! :)

§
Publicado: 06/09/2017
Editado: 06/09/2017

@Picollo30 Hey, please download version 1.6. It now works perfectly again (tested in Safari, Chrome and Firefox; with Tampermonkey in all 3 browsers). And please update your negative review score to a positive review. ;-)

§
Publicado: 16/09/2017

working now

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.