Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussões » Feedback do Greasy Fork

Script monetization methods must now be disclosed with @antifeature

§
Publicado: 20/12/2020

If your scripts have monetization methods - tracking, ads, or miners - it's no longer enough to mention these in the script's description. You must now use the @antifeature meta key to describe what you're doing. Greasy Fork will show this information in a standardized place and confirm with the user prior to install.

This is done so that users are guaranteed to see this info prior to installation. For script authors, this should also reduce spurious reports.

Please note that the monetization methods allowed on Greasy Fork have not changed - just how they must be disclosed.

§

I support this policy.

Then how about this script that adds Amazon associate IDs on URLs?
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/415464

I guess none of the listed values, ads (the script displays ads to the user), tracking (the script tracks the user's activity), and miner (the script contains a cryptominer), are pretty matched on my script. And if I take it optimistically, adding associate IDs does not mean "anti" feature for users, but just an unrelated feature...?

Anyway, I don't mind if I should add that meta tag on my script. I just want an appropriate value or to know not to have to do so.

§
Editado: 20/12/2020

Currently affiliate URLs are allowed without the need for disclosure to users, but make sure that it's not done in a way that the user would consider an ad.

§

Well actually now that I look at your example, it doesn't just have affiliate links; it's rewriting existing links in web content, right?

That case is not listed in the rules but is probably something that should be added to the antifeatures list. Let me think about it a bit.

§

Yes, it replaces the URL of the links on Amazon sites when the user's mouse is down.
(It may occur only on the first time of the session because the added tag will be kept for the entire session.)

§
Publicado: 22/12/2020

@knoa I've added @antifeature referral-link and updated the rules to mention this. Please update your script. Thanks for mentioning this.

§
Publicado: 22/12/2020

Thank you and appreciate your work.
Now I updated the script.

§
Publicado: 01/01/2021

There's something wrong with the design of the modal alert, see attached screenshot

§
Publicado: 02/01/2021

@cuzi What script is that on?

§
Publicado: 02/01/2021

@cuzi Fixed, thanks for reporting.

§
Publicado: 09/01/2021

How about asking for a donation to users in a script (= on the sites)? Like Tampermonkey does on the preference.

Is it an ads? (maybe not)

§

Asking for donation does not require @antifeature. Note that if the donation is required to use the script or unlock functionality, then that's different...

§

Thanks. If I add that feature, it will be just on goodwill. 😉

Publicar resposta

Faça o login para publicar uma resposta.