Greasy Fork is available in English.

[RED/OPS/DIC] Upload Assistant

Accurate filling of new upload/request and group/request edit forms based on foobar2000's playlist selection or web link, offline and online release integrity check, tracklist format customization, featured artists extraction, classical works formatting, online cover art lookup, reporting open requests, form enhancements and more

< Opinie na [RED/OPS/DIC] Upload Assistant

Pytanie/komentarz

§
Napisano: 12-05-2023

Hi, thanks for actively maintaing the script. Just wanted to let you know that the script makes a bit too many calls to RED's API. Recently had my account locked because of this.

AnakundaAutor
§
Napisano: 13-05-2023

Hi there, sorry for the trouble made, I've used the script in the past alot and also it's being used by more users presently but that's the first time someone reports it causing account lock. In a fact the script asks site API for each artist added to get hint about splitting names and detect dupe uploads, which can rise the amounts for compilations, but still obeys the rate limits defined in site wiki. Accounts locks happen due to considerably exhaustive API usage (thousands requests per day or such). I have no knowledge how intensively you used the script but was not expecting this at any level. I eventually make changes or withdraw the script completely if these reports increase.

§
Edytowano: 13-05-2023

Hi there, sorry for the trouble made, I've used the script in the past alot and also it's being used by more users presently but that's the first time someone reports it causing account lock. In a fact the script asks site API for each artist added to get hint about splitting names and detect dupe uploads, which can rise the amounts for compilations, but still obeys the rate limits defined in site wiki. Accounts locks happen due to considerably exhaustive API usage (thousands requests per day or such). I have no knowledge how intensively you used the script but was not expecting this at any level. I eventually make changes or withdraw the script completely if these reports increase.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I uploaded around 300 torrents and must've used your script for at least 100 of them. Considering fails and re-tries, I'd assume it'd be near 120-ish. I haven't looked into how many calls the script actually makes, but if I've seen it check logs too. So I'd assume it'd be around 3-ish per torren if there's a single artist? At times I've seen multiple blank additions for Composers, Producers and other entries. Do those get check with the API as well?

§
Edytowano: 13-05-2023

I believe I have identified the cause as downloading torrents individually and not the script, according to the description provided by RED's staff. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

AnakundaAutor
§

100 uploads made by the script even within same day should not trigger the site policy IMO. I have made a look how the API is used and since all artist queries are made synchronously there should be no more than 5 API calls per upload (10 if having set personal API key) for all artists on list, the exceeds are thrown. Other factors increasing the API usage are uploading CD with logs (+1 API call/disc), using API for making the upload with sticky button (+1 call), uploading in non-music category (+1), having set on check for dupe/open request (+1). In the summary the overall API usage should be low except rare cases. The proper way you get accurate stats what API calls the script makes is reviewing network traffic in browser console.
Anyway posted a script update with removed site logs search which may be problematic.

AnakundaAutor
§

I believe I have identified the cause as downloading torrents individually and not the script, according to the description provided by RED's staff. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Noticing this later, considering the issue resolved.

§
Napisano: 15-05-2023

Hello sir. I sent you a PM about this script if you dont mind checking that out.I am in need of assistance.

§
Napisano: 20-05-2023

Hello??? (see PM)

Odpowiedz

Zaloguj się, by odpowiedzieć.