Greasy Fork is available in English.

YouTube Exit Fullscreen on Video End

Exit YouTube fullscreen when a video finishes playing (disabled for playlists)

< Feedback op YouTube Exit Fullscreen on Video End

Recensie: Redelijk - het script werkt, maar bevat bugs

§
Geplaatst: 29-06-2023

The script does not seem to be automatically exiting fullscreen videos anymore.

§

Nevermind, it seems to be working again just for some odd reason it wasn't working on one specific video I watched LOL.

§

In case you want to know which video it is to test with, just in case it isn't an issue on my end, here is the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ODn6wuuVsU&ab_channel=DonutOperator

§
Bijgewerkt: 29-06-2023

I think the idea in this script is great. I just created a new userscript to do the same.

You might try to see if it works for you or not. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/469750

§
Bijgewerkt: 29-06-2023

I think the idea in this script is great. I just created a new userscript to do the same.

You might try to see if it works for you or not. https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/469750

Ok I will give it a try, thanks.
Also I am not entirely sure but according to google, if your script is derived from this one, I think yours needs to be a GPL v2.0 license as well instead of an MIT license.

GPL v2.0 (GNU General Public License version 2.0):

GPL v2.0 is a copyleft license that ensures the freedom to use, modify, and distribute the script.
It requires that any derivative works or modifications made to the script must also be released under the GPL v2.0 license.
The GPL v2.0 places emphasis on preserving the open-source nature of the software and ensuring that the source code remains accessible to users.

MIT License:

The MIT license is a permissive license that allows users to use, copy, modify, and distribute the script under certain conditions.
It grants users the freedom to use the script for any purpose, including both personal and commercial use.
Unlike the GPL v2.0, the MIT license does not impose restrictions on derivative works, meaning that modifications or derivative scripts can be distributed under different licenses.
The MIT license requires that the original copyright notice and license information be included in any distribution or derivative works.

In summary, while both licenses allow for the use and modification of the script, the GPL v2.0 emphasizes preserving open-source principles and requires derivative works to be released under the same license, whereas the MIT license is more permissive and allows for greater flexibility in terms of licensing derivative works.

xdpirateMaker
§

Hi, thanks for the feedback. The script seems to be working as intended for me, so if you get any error messages in the console etc., please do let me know so I can troubleshoot this issue. I haven't looked closely at CY Fung's script, but if it is a derivative, it does need to be licensed under GPL v2 or later, due to the licensing terms.

§
Geplaatst: 30-06-2023

Hi, thanks for the feedback. The script seems to be working as intended for me, so if you get any error messages in the console etc., please do let me know so I can troubleshoot this issue. I haven't looked closely at CY Fung's script, but if it is a derivative, it does need to be licensed under GPL v2 or later, due to the licensing terms.

Hi there, I wouldn't worry too much about my issue, it's most likely due to script conflicts since I am using 23 different scripts on YouTube, a couple of which I made myself using ChatGPT since I am too much of a noob with coding, so they might even be conflicting.
Either way, I cannot deal with YouTube without all those scripts I have because I have really bad OCD and want it to look and act the way I want.
So I can't really de-activate them other than for testing, which I have tried already and still had the same issue.
It's also possible that it may be due to YouTube making changes to stuff like they always do.
I am often chosen as one of their test subjects for their new shitty features.
For example, when they tried to introduce 10+ ads before a video plays, I was one of those test subjects sadly LOL.

Reactie plaatsen