Greasy Fork is available in English.

WaniKani Timeline

This UserScript is a descendant of the WaniKani Customizer Chrome Extension Timeline

< Feedback on WaniKani Timeline

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 14.10.2014

Short bars being cut off...

Thanks so much for converting this to a script! Now I can make some mods! :-)

I noticed that, when you have a very tall bar (e.g. 40 reviews), some of the very short bars are getting cut off... i.e. drawn below the bottom of the canvas. If you expand "#r-timeline" from 113px to 115px, it fixes it.

On my own local copy, I've made the following additional changes:
- Added day of the week to the hover tooltip: "Thu 9:15pm" instead of just "9:15pm".
- Added option to display absolute time instead of relative for items within 90 minutes (i.e. no more "86 min")
- Added colored arrows below Burnable and CurrentLevel items, since a full-scale bar can hide the white background that is currently used for the same indication.

wk_arrow photo wk_arrow_zps44e19f2b.jpg

§
Posted: 15.10.2014

I like your added features and have added them to my version.
They are all fully configurable, so classic mode can be achieved.
I think this fixes that bug too.

I have trouble seeing the white bar on my screen even when it is visible.
I usually find myself calculating what-time-is-that for the fuzzy times.
Weekdays are useful!

All of these screenshots are from chrome.

§
Posted: 16.10.2014
Edited: 16.10.2014

Awesome!

I've been continuing to make some changes (script attached below).

wk_timeline photo wk_timeline_zps69524777.png

• In the hover-popup, break out the number of reviews into radicals, kanji, vocab.
  • Changed 'current level' arrow to white with black border.
  • Made white-bar background much brighter white (opacity=1.0 instead of 0.33).
  • A change similar to your 'fuzzy_time_mode_past'. I didn't like past items still showing up as "Thu 3:15pm" when not using fuzzy time. Changed it to "xx min ago".
  • Eliminated border on white/black bars -- didn't seem helpful (though yours look nice. How do they react when you have mixed types in one review? e.g. radicals, kanji, vocab?)

[NOTE: Since I haven't gone 'public' with my script, my CSS isn't super robust. Mainly, the gradients on the popup only use HTML5 and a fallback color... no browser-specific hacks included, like --webkit-blah-blah].

Sign in to post a reply.