Return YouTube Dislike

Return of the YouTube Dislike, Based off https://www.returnyoutubedislike.com/

< Feedback on Return YouTube Dislike

Question/comment

§
Posted: 18.10.2022

Workaround

Line 74. Replace : "#like-button > ytd-like-button-renderer" with : "#top-level-buttons-computed > ytd-segmented-like-dislike-button-renderer"

Line 106. Replace return getButtons().children[1]; with return getButtons().querySelector("#segmented-dislike-button");

Line 112. Replace getDislikeButton().getElementsByTagName("yt-formatted-string")[0] with getDislikeButton().querySelector("ytd-toggle-button-renderer > yt-button-shape > button > yt-touch-feedback-shape")

After Line 273. Add a line. #segmented-dislike-button button > yt-touch-feedback-shape {margin-left: 5px;}

§
Posted: 24.10.2022

Can confirm it works with this changes. Thank you

BFP
§
Posted: 27.10.2022

Can confirm this works. Real help in the comments always

§
Posted: 28.10.2022

Youtube design was updated again, this workaround doesn not work anymore, unfortunately

§
Posted: 01.11.2022

can confirm this worked

§

on Firefox this fix works

§

Tell me please your version of Return YouTube Dislike script. Mine is 3.0.1 and it does not work.

§

Tell me please your version of Return YouTube Dislike script. Mine is 3.0.1 and it does not work.

It's working, you probably editing something wrong way.

§

It's working, you probably editing something wrong way.

Yes, my fault. I did editing again and now it works. Thank you.

§
Edited: 01.11.2022

After Line 273. Add a line. #segmented-dislike-button button > yt-touch-feedback-shape {margin-left: 5px;}

I have something to add. If in your browser the dislike text is wider than the dislike button, add the following line after the mentioned new line 274:
#segmented-dislike-button button {width: unset;}

§
Edited: 01.11.2022

One more issue: when you click dislike button, the number of dislikes dissapears. In order to make it fully functional again, one should do more editing:

Line 611.
Replace buttons.children[1].addEventListener("click", dislikeClicked);
with buttons.querySelector("#segmented-dislike-button").addEventListener("click", dislikeClicked);

Line 613.
Replace buttons.children[1].addEventListener("touchstart", dislikeClicked);
with buttons.querySelector("#segmented-dislike-button").addEventListener("touchstart", dislikeClicked);

§

One more issue: when you click dislike button, the number of dislikes dissapears. In order to make it fully functional again, one should do more editing:

I'm sorry, the correct lines are 609 and 611

Sign in to post a reply.