Greasy Fork is available in English.

FB - Clean my feeds

Hide Sponsored and Suggested posts in FB's News Feed, Groups Feed, Watch Videos Feed and Marketplace Feed

< Feedback on FB - Clean my feeds

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 17.07.2023

Please Add instagram ads remove

zbluebugzAuthor
§
Posted: 22.07.2023
Edited: 22.07.2023

Thanks for the feedback.

I did have a userscript for Instagram, but took it down due to issues.

You could try using uBlock Origin addon/extension - it can hide Sponsored posts in Instagram and FB.

If you still want a userscript for Instagram, let me know.

§
Posted: 27.07.2023

Does uBlock blocking Sponsored posts actually work? The opinions on the Internet are rather mixed.

zbluebugzAuthor
§
Posted: 27.07.2023

Yes, uBlock Origin (the official one) can hide Sponsored posts on Instagram.

The default settings in uBO work straight out of the box - just make sure that uBO has the latest filter rules loaded.

If unsure:

1. In uBO's settings, ensure that "Disable cosmetic filtering" is NOT ticked/checked/enabled.
  2. In uBO's "Filter lists," enable "Parse and enforce cosmetic filters."
  3. In uBO's "Filter lists," ensure that "Ignore generic cosmetic filters" is NOT ticked/checked/enabled.
  4. In uBO's "Filter lists," enable "uBlock filters - Ads."

NB: Some of the other Filter lists also hide Sponsored posts (can't remember which ones).

You might experience some scrolling issues on Instagram - that's a side-effect of using most adblockers that filter out sponsored posts.

An alternative option is to use Instagram's "Following" feed page: https://www.instagram.com/?variant=following
Currently, I don't see sponsored/suggested posts in that feed and hardly encounter any scrolling issues.
Also, Instagram doesn't "hide" the posts when you refresh/reload the "Following" feed - unlike the main feed.

Sign in to post a reply.