Greasy Fork is available in English.

Dota 2 & CSGO Lounge item price displayer

Displays an item's lowest price offer from the Steam Community Market and helps to copy an item's name or to quickly open the market listings for an item.

< Feedback on Dota 2 & CSGO Lounge item price displayer

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 11.12.2014
Edited: 18.02.2015

Please remove this duplicate so that users can get automatic updates from the original

Hi,

I am the developer of the original script.

Thank you for using, liking and sharing my script!

However, I have just released a new and improved version and I would kindly ask you to remove this repost/copy because anyone installing it from here will not automatically get the new updates that I am releasing on the original ;-(

You can find the original script, on its latest and greatest version at one of the following locations:

Thanks again and I hope you understand my request and respect it.

The script and all its features are and will always be free, so let`s make sure that as many people as possible get to benefit from it!

Cheers,
Enygma

§
Edited: 11.12.2014

@JasonBarnabe How can I redirect the script from one to another?

§
There's no way yet.

Thanks letting me know :3

§
Edited: 11.12.2014

If I may add a suggestion, I am not aware of how greasyfork usually handles this, but perhaps you can update this script with my latest version and set its @updateURL internally to point to the one of my script, this will thus trigger an update to all the users that installed the script from this copy.

After a couple of days, say 1 week, you should be able to safely remove the script, assuming that users that previously downloaded the script from this copy location would have already automatically updated because of the above modifications.

That was the whole point (the ability to perform such operations) of greasyfork stripping "@updateURL" and "@downloadURL" fields, right? https://greasyfork.org/en/help/rewriting

Thanks so far.

§
Posted: 14.12.2014

"and that other place doesn't have an updateURL" < what case do you have in mind here? If you set this updateURL to my script, my script will be there for sure :)

§
Posted: 18.02.2015

@JasonBarnabe Well, I guess you are right about the license, but it would be nice if you had a site policy about reposting scripts, since it's a practice that does not really have any advantage.

Also, since you remove the downloadURL + updateURL, people installing a reposted script will be stuck with that old and buggy version.

Not very nice for anyone :/ Any plans on this for the near future?

Sign in to post a reply.