Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Trying to upload script, but Greasy Fork will not send confirmation email

§
Posted: 19.08.2021
Edited: 19.08.2021

Ive been trying to get greasy fork to send a confirmation email to me for a fw days, but still not email has come in. What do I do?

§

I've manually marked you as confirmed. (Don't see any error sending out the email...)

§
I've manually marked you as confirmed. (Don't see any error sending out the email...)

thank you. I dont know why im not getting the email, ive checked and the email on my account is correct, I wonder why im not getting it.

I was able to upload my scripts however, so thanks again for fixing this.

JAG
§
Posted: 20.08.2021

Was it only confirmation email that failed? Did you get email notifications from the forum or other emails from GF?

If there were no error message on sender side, the investigation needs to be on receiver side. I have no info on this particular case, but can add some general knowledge:

• You might change your email in account setting to see if another provider works better.
  • Each email provider have their own way of "hiding" suspicious emails, e.g. spam. Look for a spam folder.
  • Usually there are also filters that reject emails without even going to spam folder.
  • Most often there are no error message to the sender when assumed spam.
  • If there are more reports on this problem, see if there is a pattern on email provider.
§
Posted: 20.08.2021

Was it only confirmation email that failed? Did you get email notifications from the forum or other emails from GF?

If there were no error message on sender side, the investigation needs to be on receiver side.
I have no info on this particular case, but can add some general knowledge:

• You might change your email in account setting to see if another provider works better.
  • Each email provider have their own way of "hiding" suspicious emails, e.g. spam. Look for a spam folder.
  • Usually there are also filters that reject emails without even going to spam folder.
  • Most often there are no error message to the sender when assumed spam.
  • If there are more reports on this problem, see if there is a pattern on email provider.

I just checked my spam folder, gmail decided to stick it in there.

§
Posted: 29.01.2023

Hello, JasonBarnabe, I have changed email because my old email isn't in use now. But I don't receive any confirmation email, even in the spam folder. Could you please marked my new email as confirmed? Thanks!

§
Posted: 31.01.2023

For anyone who is having trouble confirming your email, please email me at jason.barnabe@gmail.com from the email address you want to use and include a link to your user profile.

Sign in to post a reply.