Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)についてのフィードバック

レート:可 - スクリプトは動作するがバグがある

§
投稿日: 2024/02/09

For whatever reason, this script occasionally (~1 in 5 searches) fails to block on startpage. Because of this I kinda want to switch back to duckduckgo again, though I highly dislike the ai-generated description of search results on ddg... are there any other things I can do?

§
投稿日: 2024/03/27

ok after some investigation (including contacting Startpage support) I think I find the reason. For each search query, the results returned by Startpage may come from either Google or Bing, which can be distinguished by the slightly different style of the result list. Google Hit Hider works fine for the style of Google (80%~90% of cases, identified by a section like <section class="a-gl-tp a-gl-tp--desktop">), but does not work for the style of of Bing (10%~20% of cases, identified by a section like <section class="w-bg w-bg--desktop w-bg--light">). Thus the random failure. Also the Startpage support says it's not possible to choose the search provider from the users' side...

返信を投稿

返信を投稿するにはログインしてください。