BlastarBegoner ][+

further enhancements for Kuro5hin.org

< Valutazione su BlastarBegoner ][+

Domanda/commento

§
Pubblicato: 15/04/2014
Modificato: 22/04/2014

Stolen code

I wrote the original, Nimey stole it. Consider this a C&D letter to remove it!

Nimey has modified it to add in some malware, and I am getting blamed for it.

文科Mod
§
Pubblicato: 16/04/2014

@JasonBarnabe

§
Pubblicato: 16/04/2014

Can you tell me where the original is hosted?

Also, what part of it do you claim is malware?

§
Pubblicato: 22/04/2014

I don't see any indication this is malware - it looks like the original with different blocked user names. I also don't see any evidence that LinuxofFreeBSD is the author of the original on USO.

I'm going to remove the "report" flag from this discussion for now. If you can provide evidence of either, I'll take a look again.

§
Pubblicato: 10/05/2014
Modificato: 10/05/2014

I think it does prove Nimey is not the original author of the code. He has violated the USO license to post it here. I can't even get the USO site to load, but I used a different user ID to post it there.

I used another name Corey Haim at that time. But I lost the password to the account.

The thing is you'll never get the original account that made it to respond because I lost the password to it and changed my email address. There is a website named Kuro5hin that I wrote it for to hide the diaries and posts of a user named Blastar hence the Blastarbegone name. I went as Corey Haim there and LinuxorFreeBSD. I left the site, because of trolls who had tried to hack my accounts there. They tried to take credit for my work, even now Nimey is taking credit for this script he didn't write.

The USO terms of service clearly state that the script cannot be uploaded to a different website. The open source license used clearly states that credit must be given to the original writer of the script. None of this was done. Nimey is one of the trolls who tried to hack my accounts, and he is stealing credit for code that wasn't written by him. Regardless if you can prove I or anyone else wrote it, Nimey clearly violated at least two licenses to put the code here.

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2010/4/9/211459/2500

§
Pubblicato: 11/05/2014

You can access userscripts.org right now at URLs like http://userscripts.org:8080/scripts/show/74018

You've claimed it's malware, while in reality it's the same script as posted on userscripts.org, but with different names in the "ShitList". You've claimed he's not the original author (because the user names are different?) and that you are (ignoring your user name is also different). You reference "The USO terms of service" which is not something I think even exists, regardless of whether it applies to this situation, as well as "The open source license", which is so non-specific that you might as well say "the rules". You seem to care deeply about some script you theoretically wrote four years ago for a site you don't even use any more.

To bottom line it for you, I don't believe you, and you'll need something to back up your claims.

§
Pubblicato: 12/05/2014
Modificato: 12/05/2014

Anyone can say that they are the original author by saying I lost the password. We're not saying you're a lier, because stealing someone else his/hers work is never done, but you've not provided some clear points/steps to prove that you are the real original author.

§
Pubblicato: 14/05/2014

Let's assume you are Corey Haim, just for the sake of argument. All you did was add a list of names to someone else's script. The only person who has any right to claim their script was stolen is someone other than you. That person is not making that claim. That person might not even care.

In short, you have no basis to claim someone stole your script because you did not write the script, someone else did. You just added some names to it.

Yes, I found the original script you linked to on the about page for the script you are claiming was stolen and posted here by someone else.

There is the off-chance you're actually being listed by people who frequent that other site who use this script and you're trying to get it removed from these sites via false claims of it being stolen.

Either way, you have no valid argument.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.