Greasy Fork is available in English.

MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Valutazione su MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Domanda/commento

§
Pubblicato: 22/10/2015
Modificato: 22/10/2015

TypeError: (AccessViolation) Database is not defined

I'm still getting this randomly now.

TypeError: (AccessViolation) Database is not defined

I'm not sure, but it seems like it does this when I have hit scraper opened at the same time.

Also, it'll randomly get stuck reading a page and I have to redo it.
Lastly,

feihtalityAutore
§
Pubblicato: 22/10/2015

I haven't had any problems running HIT Scraper alongside it. HIT Scraper doesn't perform any mutations on the database so it can't lock out HITdb from doing anything. Perhaps there's an obscure case that causes a conflict?

Can you confirm that it only happens while using HIT Scraper at the same time? Also can you try to intentionally reproduce it? What are the two scripts doing at the time, e.g. is HIT Scraper actively scraping stuff while HITdb is updating or loading? Any information about the activity that produces the error would be helpful.

§
Pubblicato: 23/10/2015

I tested it and confirmed that while hit scraper tab was open, I would get that error message. The second I closed that tab, it worked again and started saying "Merge complete".
Here is the link I use for hit scraper:
https://www.mturk.com/mturk/findhits?match=false&hit_scraper

Hit scraper had gone once, but I had hit the stop button on it. Here's a list of every single script I have. I don't know if that'll help you at all. I'll keep looking for anything else that could be causing this though.

HIT Scraper WITH EXPORT
HIT Database Analytics
Turkmaster (Mturk)
MTurk Dashboard Change Notifier (wi...
mmmturkeybacon Enhanced HIT Informa...
mmmturkeybacon Add Contact Link To ...
mmmturkeybacon Add Hidden Stats to ...
turkopticon
MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

feihtalityAutore
§

Was this on a different computer/browser/profile or after deleting the database and starting over? In other words, are you setting up HITdb for the first time? The 'Merge complete' message should only appear once--during the initial setup sequence. Do you get the 'Merge complete' message every time you refresh the dashboard? Do you get it when you restart your browser?

You're getting the AccessViolation because HITdb detects that the current database either doesn't exist, or has an internal version number that's too low. HIT Scraper, however, is keeping the database open, preventing HITdb from upgrading the internal schema during initialization. HITdb cannot successfully prep the database, thus the database is remains undefined on its end.

§

Okay, in Chrome (with everything else working normally) I just saw this error as well. If I refresh the tab (after stopping Hit Scraper just for grins) the message disappears, but when I Hit Update the message reappears.

I have another dashboard page open (the other one is the one with Turkmaster showing)

I went to that page and I could do update there, and search.

This is a pretty big problem for me as I don't want to refresh my TM dashboard as it stops all my PandAs and searches just to see updated HIT totals on various days. So I like have 2 of the Dashboards open.

And it gets worse ...

I decided to close the Dashboard (with TM displayed) and see if I could start from scratch. And Chrome aborted! I think the odds are pretty high that this resulted from this problem as I really didn't have many other tabs open and I almost never get "core dumps" other than Script related stuff (though it seems from the restart that I did have a Dashboard WITHOUT TM open at that moment). I did have a stopped Hit Scraper open at the time I hit the close of the TM/Dashboard.

§

And since I had 2 Dashboards up on the Chrome restart, I had problems on the restart. I closed the non-TM one and refreshed the TM one and that seems to be working no. I then opened a non-TM Dashboard and so far it's ok.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.