Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussioni » Feedback di Greasy Fork

When a script name is changed, greasyfork doesn't recognize the old script

§
Pubblicato: 07/02/2021
Modificato: 07/02/2021

This makes the button "update to the latest version" not show up, instead it shows the install button.
I also think that this makes greasyfork stop counting the updates stats for scripts that had the name changed. This bug also makes the script not update able...

Can this be fixed?

§

This would depend on the user script manager you use. Greasy Fork is just asking it for info.

wOxxOmMod
§

This is a limitation of GreasyFork's handshake: currently it sends only name and namespace to the userscript managers so they can't tell if this is the same script.

A possible solution would be for GreasyFork to extend the handshake to include the id so the userscript extension can use it. Alternatively, the extension can look at the tab URL itself and extract the id of the script...

§
This would depend on the user script manager you use. Greasy Fork is just asking it for info.

It could ask for the past script title too and compare/check if the script name changed but the script is exactly the same...

@wOxxOm The id is a much better idea than comparing all the names that ever existed for that script.

If this is a greasyfork problem and not an tampermonkey problem, then greasyfork is the one that should fix it

Having users of the past script name not able to update the script, and also their new updates checks (using the old script name) not counting on the new script name update check stats is really bad. I think that this is an important matter.

I'm not really talking about when the users open the script page to manually check for updates, I mean that automatic tampermonkey script update checks also seems to be not counted in the update stats on greasyfork. I wonder if this is also a gresyfork problem or if it's tampermonkey's fault...

§

You're going off about update counts and it's just confusing matters. Name does not matter for update counts.

Is the problem that:

a) Greasy Fork does not show "Upgrade to the latest version" if the script was renamed (but clicking the button does do the upgrade correctly)
b) Greasy Fork does not show "Upgrade to the latest version" if the script was renamed (and clicking the button makes you install a separate entry into Tampermonkey)

§

@JasonBarnabe

I think that they are both related... Maybe because the script name changed, greasyfork is unable to keep showing and correctly counting the auto script checks?
I'm not sure if this is just because of greasyfork, or if tampermonkey itself can't auto check for new updates when a script name is changed, this is why I'm mentioning it.

a/b) As I said above, this makes me think that either greasyfork or tampermonkey stops being able to correctly check for daily updates auto checks count. But I'm not sure. I also thought that clicking on "install" (since "Upgrade to the latest version" button doesn't show) would just install the script as if it was another new script, but if the script is just updated then there's no problem.

I haven't tried clicking on install when I change the script name, so I don't know what happens. I thought that the mods/admins could test it themselves and see what happens.
Even if the script is correctly updated, greasyfork should still "fix" the button text that says "install" instead of "update" just because the script name was changed. (Getting the script id as wOxxOm said seems to be a good idea to fix this)

§

Name does not matter for update counts.

↑↑↑

I haven't tried clicking on install when I change the script name, so I don't know what happens.

What actually happens on install is 100% on the user script manager. Greasy Fork is just serving up a web page. What Greasy Fork says (Install vs. Upgrade) is dependent on the integration between the two, so if the bug is there, it could be either.

§

Go it.
Yeah. I'm not sure if I should report this bug here or report it o tampermonkey.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.