Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussioni » Feedback di Greasy Fork

Obfuscated code for cheats

§
Pubblicato: 21/02/2022

First rule about uploading script, that the code can't be obfuscated. It's not a miracle that cheats are often loaded on the grease fork.
And more browser game devs know about that. And the rule that scripts can't be obfuscated make them protect the games easily, and I think it is not fair)).

Here the question: can I upload script which is the instruction about how to insert my obfuscated code and how to run it?

Technically I will not violent any rule. User will insert my code by himself.

What do you think about that?

§
Pubblicato: 22/02/2022
Modificato: 22/02/2022

Here the question: can I upload script which is the instruction about how to insert my obfuscated code and how to run it?

No, because:

Scripts must have a reason to be a script. For example, a script that just directs a user to a website doesn't need to be a script; it could be a link. Scripts that use a web service to perform an action on the current page (e.g. to convert it in some way) are allowed.

If your script is just instructions, then it doesn't have a reason to be a script.

§

No, because:

Scripts must have a reason to be a script. For example, a script that just directs a user to a website doesn't need to be a script; it could be a link. Scripts that use a web service to perform an action on the current page (e.g. to convert it in some way) are allowed.

If your script is just instructions, then it doesn't have a reason to be a script.

No, I mean something else.
My script will serve as an instruction not literally as plain text, it will really be a script that will show a window with instructions and a field where you will need to enter a link to my obfuscated code.

§

I don't see that as any different as far as this rule is concerned.

Pubblica risposta

Accedi per pubblicare una risposta.