Greasy Fork is available in English.

Melvor Action Queue

Adds an interface to queue up actions based on triggers you set

< Feedback on Melvor Action Queue

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 27 November 2021

Hello, any chance we might get an 'OR' conditional branch for triggers?
I'm currently playing an Adventure mode character and using action queues to setup what my character does while I'm away. I have him set to Mine ores until he's caught up to my combat level (and thus can't level anymore), and I move him onto smithing the ores into bars.

Now the problem is that I don't know how much ore he's going to get from this process. Especially with things like double-ores being occasional drops, I can't really set 1 condition that optimally works. I want to stop smithing and swap to something else once I catch up to my combat level, but both obvious conditions seem imperfect:

1. I can set it to switch skills when Smithing catches up to my combat level, but if I don't have enough ore, it never catches up, and thus the trigger never fires.
2. I can set it to switch skills when I run out of ore, but this might mean that I end up smelting tons of extra ore into bars and having lots of XP waste.

I'd rather have a condition set like: "If Mining >= 64 || Gold Ore <= 0: Start Woodcutting" so that it *definitely* moves on to the next skill and I don't waste a bunch of resources on a skill that's not progressing.

8992scriptsPembuat
§
Posted: 30 November 2021

No, that's outside of the scope for this project. I have considered it before but I felt it would add to much complexity to the ui.

§
Posted: 09 Desember 2021

Ah, a shame to hear. About 1 in 3 times I open up the Action Queue to automate a list of tasks, I end up having to close it and change to a different set of tasks instead because the situation I need automated falls into the edge-case category I described and I can't safely automate it without having to worry about the potential for a lot of waste.

I suppose it won't matter too much once my combat level hits 99 and I'm allowed to grind the other skills to max, thus eliminating the potential XP waste, but it's just making this mid-game section quite the slog to have to watch everything.

Well, cheers for the answer and thanks for getting back to me.

§
Posted: 18 Januari 2022

That's a damn shame. Would you consider adding it in if someone else implemented it for you?

I can think of ways where it wouldn't be insanely complex, just add it as an option the same as adding another action is, and the "If" line would simply become something like "If Raw Whale <= 0 OR Whale >= 1000 OR x OR y"

Sign in to post a reply.