Discussions » Creation Requests

Need help with script to be used with Tampermonkey

§
Posted: 10 Juli 2015

Need help with script to be used with Tampermonkey

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I have some script that I didn't write that I used to use with Greasemonkey and Firefox but it no longer works they way it was intended. I'm now using the script with Tampermonkey with Chrome and although some of the functions still work, the most important function does not. The script is designed to work with one specific website, msgboard.radiohead.com. The main feature that is broken is the ability to block another user so you don't see their posts on the messageboard. If it is possible I'd like to make it so posts by certain users don't appear at all sorted by thier partial ip address which can be found in the view source. Here is a little background info. The website is the official messageboard for the band Radiohead. There has never been a admin or moderator on the messageboard so users like myself have had to be tolerant of users who want to be disruptive. Several years ago a user made this script to use with FireFox to block the disruptive users. The script also had some other features like changing the background color of the board, showing images inside the messages, making links clickable and so on. Please let me know if you can help with this. Thank you.

woxxomMod
§

it no longer works they way it was intended

Apparently because the site has changed something under the hood. I've tried debugging the script but it's unclear what exactly makes it dysfunctional. Can't help, sorry.

changing the background color of the board

FWIW, Stylish extension may be used for this.

showing images inside the messages, making links clickable

FWIW, Linkify Plus Plus does that.

§

I appreciate your comments. I am aware of the various other extensions I could use to
achieve some of these features, but it is just more convenient to have them all in one script PLUS the blocking users function, which is the most important feature for me to figure out how to get working again. Thanks.

Sign in to post a reply.