Greasy Fork is available in English.

Dark Reader

Toggle dark mode using an icon placed at the bottom left of your screen. Hotkey: Command + Shift + B

< Feedback on Dark Reader

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2023.07.30.

This is exactly what I was looking for and it works almost perfectly. There's an issue with the dark theme for certain sites (Rotten Tomatoes, Wikipedia, etc.) loading a little too slowly which results in a jarring flash of white light, so I tend to open new tabs in the background to load a bit before switching to them to circumvent this.

Also, I tested out your alternative script on OpenUserJS (Dimmer) and that is, in my opinion, the definitive version since it remembers my setting for each site after closing and reopening my browser. Would it be possible to bring that functionality over to Dark Reader as well as correct the flash of white light issue?

schimonAuthor
§
Posted: 2023.08.10.

Hello maikcheck

Please pardon me for this late respond.

Per-website

By Dimmer, I assume you refer to Dimmer (localStorage) which uses the localStorage API to store settings inside the web browser cache.

And yes, I think it would worth to apply this functionality here as well.

Flash

You are correct on this matter indeed.

This program applies changes onlt after a page is fully loaded.

I have given thought to this, and I've found out a potential solution which can be observed by a program by @RS which applies changes instantly.

https://greasyfork.org/en/users/373077-rs

Thank you for your feedback!

Schimon

schimonAuthor
§
Posted: 2023.12.26.

We can also wait for the page to completely load, and display it after it is rendered dark.

§
Posted: 2023.12.28.

I personally wouldn't be against this! I have to divert my eyes until the dark theme kicks in anyway, so waiting's not an issue.

schimonAuthor
§
Posted: 2024.04.11.

I have made a post in the forum, calling for help.

Sign in to post a reply.