Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube: expand description and long comments; show all the replies

Video description, long comments and list of subscriptions are expanded automatically; all the replies are shown after pressing "Show more replies" button

< Feedback on Youtube: expand description and long comments; show all the replies

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2022.08.04.

Hello,

Unfortunately and despite the activated script I still have to click to expand the description of each video and the long comments :-(
Thank you for your answer.

Google Chrome Browser with Tampermonkey

max44Author
§

Hi. It is really does not work in Chrome, thank you for report. I need to investigate it to find the problem.

max44Author
§

So, I found the problem. The script missed requirement of external lib jquery. It was not a problem for Firefox, but was not acceptable by Chrome.

Please check the new version.

§
Posted: 2022.08.05.

Hello,

Thank you very much because it works perfectly on Chrome now :-)

Your script is really superb and saves a lot of time.

§
Posted: 2022.10.06.

Hello,

What do you think about adding this feature to individual posts in the community section of YouTube channels, because long posts are restricted also like these examples :

- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygHXRAXTsb8JyOeauUVlmA/community?lb=Ugkx8Gy7-ePm51uuFGWKrvw1PQ0ecL7OCwPn
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygHXRAXTsb8JyOeauUVlmA/community?lb=Ugkx-w6b63Gw67nsdcWRn2dwWAIKMm2_FGri

Thank you in advance for your answer.

max44Author
§
Edited: 2022.10.06.

Hi! I have added this feature as you asked - see the new version. I checked it on different channels, seems it works as expected.

§

Thanks a lot, it's really nice of you to put some features that YouTube could provide itself...
Everything works well.

Have a nice weekend ;-)

max44Author
§
Posted: 2022.10.07.

Thank you! Nice weekend for you too!

§
Edited: 2022.10.07.

Hello,

The script only expands the description , could you please help?
Google chrome version 106.0.5249.103 64 bits Tampermonkey v4.16.1 Script enabled of course

Thank you.

max44Author
§
The script only expands the description

Hi. I tried it in Chrome now, it works normally. Could you please give me a link to any page where the replies are not expanded for you?

§
Posted: 2022.10.08.

Hi,

In the following page : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19LN06_kTJw
The video description is working fine but all the replies are still closed , I still need to click with the mouse to display the multiple replies.

Thank you for your help.

§

Here is what I see:

max44Author
§

Ah, I see. This is misunderstanding. This script does not show all the replies. It expands each separate long comment, which has a button "Show more".

Early versions of my script dealt with showing all the replies, but it made youtube page working very unstable. If you want I can research the possibility to expand all the replies after you click exact button "N replies".

§

Hi,
Yes if you don't mind doing so because I use your script mainly for the replies auto-opening.

Thx!

max44Author
§

Done. Please update the script.

§

Hi,

I have updated to 1.0.5 and relaunched chrome but it still the same for me. (replies are closed)

max44Author
§
Edited: 2022.10.08.
(replies are closed)

The exact thread of replies will be fully opened as soon as you click "View all N replies" button under the selected comment. The benefit is that you won't need to click "view more replies" all the time to see the thread to the end.

But if I make automatic opening all the replies under every comment, it would create a total mess and overloading of youtube page if there are a lot of such replies.

§

Ok, Thank you then.

§
Posted: 2022.10.09.

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience again...
I just thought that this can also be added to your script if you don't mind of course.
On the left of the YouTube pages, automatically expand "Show More" on subscription list for those who are connected to their account and who have many subscriptions :-)
Because this section is also reduced.

Do you think this is a good idea for your script ?

Thank you again in advance for your answer.

max44Author
§
Posted: 2022.10.11.
Do you think this is a good idea for your script ?

Hi! I added this feature.
Cannot promise swift reactions next days, cause after russian missile attack on Monday we still have extensive blackouts.

§
Posted: 2022.10.11.

Really congratulations for all your work and thanks a lot, it's very nice to you ;-)
However, I understand that your situation is really not easy right now and I wish you good courage...

max44Author
§
Posted: 2022.10.13.

Really congratulations for all your work and thanks a lot, it's very nice to you ;-)
However, I understand that your situation is really not easy right now and I wish you good courage...

Thank you very much for kind words!

max44Author
§
Posted: 2022.12.17.

Hi. It was a major update this day. Please check that everything keeps working as you expect.

§
Posted: 2022.12.19.

Hello,

Very sorry for my late reply, because I'm unfortunately sick lately :-(
I wanted to contact you, but you got ahead of me :-)

Indeed, I noticed that the version 1.1.1 blocks the loading of the watch video page (it loads infinitely) ; the refresh of the page doesn't work to fix the problem.
And blocks the loading of the video itself.

On the other hand, with the version 1.2 everything works correctly again :-)

I still notice that the replies to the comments under the videos take time to load for 1, 3, 5, 7 and more...
Do you have this on your side please ?

max44Author
§
Posted: 2022.12.20.

Nice to hear that it works correctly finally.

No, I do not have any issues with replies. Could you please make a screenrecord of it?

§
Posted: 2022.12.23.

Hello,

Again, very sorry for my late reply.

I restarted my PC and it worked correctly. Thank you for all :-)

I've come to understand that sometimes when the replies to the comments take a little while to load, it's rather from YouTube and not from your script.

max44Author
§
Posted: 2022.12.24.

Great!

Yes, sometimes youtube works in a strange way. Maybe they made it too complicated.
Once I had a problem with another youtube script, I spent tonne of time to find the error and finally found out that just the restart of browser helped. So, restarting is the old but gold method :)

§
Posted: 2024.03.17.

Don't know why this is bundled with expanding long comments.
Have no desire to see spam comments or more 'click my link' comments that take up an entire page.
Tried to remove from the script but description was no longer expanded, not worth the hassle.

max44Author
§
Posted: 2024.03.17.

Don't know why this is bundled with expanding long comments.
Have no desire to see spam comments or more 'click my link' comments that take up an entire page.
Tried to remove from the script but description was no longer expanded, not worth the hassle.

If you want I can make the expanding of long comments optional. Description and comments are not bundled, they are processed by separate functions

Sign in to post a reply.